• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London Hotel Recommendation

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll look into the Cadogan.

@culverwood, I lean towards Cavendish because it's close to shoe/suiting but a few blocks for pubs I think. I'll look again into the Westbury's breakfast. :fonz:

When you say the Amba/St. Martin area is less smart, do you mean rowdy? The Amba has rave reviews on TripAdvisor but I hope being above the tube won't make it too noisy.

Royal Horseguard does look a bit isolated in terms of location.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say the Cavendish is well served for pubs the Chequers is just down the road and Red Lion on Duke of York Street is just around the corner and Fortnums is opposite. Also close is my favourite "pub" in London the American Bar at the Stafford Hotel, a must, and they serve food there too.

I would not know about the Amba as an hotel and it is on top of a railway terminus as well as the tube, it depends on how much you trust Tripadvisor. The area around both the Amba and St Martins is busier possibly more rowdy.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from staying five nights at The Arch London. I would highly recommend it for several reasons. It is fresh and updated throughout with a very attentive staff. It is two blocks from the Marble Arch and just a couple of blocks from numerous fun places to eat and shop in Marylebone. We found it to be less noisy and much less hectic than the more well known central location hotels. We had a jr suite at a very good rate that was very well appointed. We find booking direct to be the way to go these days. Also, their afternoon tea is one of the more enjoyable I've had in London. You can pay a lot more to get smaller rooms in well known places that are well worn around the edges and often too busy to give the level of service you want for a relaxing stay.

The Arch London is a current Tripadvisor Travelers Choice, a Small Luxury Hotels of the World member and Pride of Britain Hotel. So, in good company.

By the way, if you stay there, drop by the Monocle shop at 2A George Street and pick up a free Marylebone guide to shopping and eating. Most Styleforum members will also enjoy visiting Trunk Clothiers, Anglo-Italian, Grey Flannel for menswear needs.

migo

Reaction score
As a PSA, stayed at The Ned a few weeks ago and I highly recommend it. The Crashpad room was not huge, but still very comfortable and well appointed. The hotel itself is very cool. Wish I was able to spend more than just a night there.

Also, not quite London, but spent the week right after at the Four Seasons Hampshire. If anyone is looking to spend some time in the countryside for a quiet few days, this is an excellent place. A bit isolated, but I was there for work so I didn't really have time to explore the surrounding areas. Fairly pricey, but overall worth the cost, I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads