• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London Business School

Ears

Reaction score
This site seems knowledgeable when it comes to MBA's and business school, and I was just wondering if people have any thoughts on LBS? I'll be applying to MBA programs in about a years time, and im still weighing my options. I have a good shot at top 5 US schools, but LBS interests me as well. I know it's ranked highly on the international scale, but I don't see any direct comparisons. is it help in high esteem? Or is it just good for certain career paths, or what? (I.e: am I best sticking with US schools? FYI I'm canadian, so international fees will happen either way)

Thanks!

v.freeman

Reaction score
Good reputation, but ultimately I think it depends on where you want to work post-MBA. Europe or US?

Ears

Reaction score
I'd love the opportunity to choose, which is why I'm getting one. (A definite skill-set, employment within any city, etc). But I do prefer Europe, though a couple major US cities are something I wouldn't pass up either.

saiyar1

Reaction score
You'll be fine at any top school including LBS.

But what do you want to do after? That should help you decide further.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saiyar1
You'll be fine at any top school including LBS.

But what do you want to do after? That should help you decide further.

LBS is an top rank school and will be fine anywhere in the world.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LBS and INSEAD are the only two non-US schools I'd consider...

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
LBS and INSEAD are the only two non-US schools I'd consider...

Depends where you want to work. If your ultimate goal is having the choice between Europe and NA, go to the best school you can. Though Europe isn't exactly teeming with jobs right now... LBS and INSEAD still place but not as well as a few years ago. But then again, that's likely true for US schools as well, especially for finance heavy schools.

warmpi

Reaction score
I believe you need to speak a second language for INSEAD admissions

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warmpi
I believe you need to speak a second language for INSEAD admissions

who doesn't?
eh.gif
I mean Canadian is a second language, right?

joymorrison1

Reaction score
London business school is a most popular and best for the best education. There are so many coerces available for the business development.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LBS masters in finance is really respected. Don't know much about their MBA.

CBDB

Reaction score
I'm a Canadian that did a Sloan Fellowship at LBS. Great school and great experience. Recruiting is generally Euro focussed except for the BB investment banks. The LBS brand isn't highly weighted in Canada unless you're in the alumni circuit but that's true of any non-Canadian school. INSEAD FWIW likes it applicants to be in the 26-28 year old range and the vast majority typically go into consulting or IBanking. If you're a more experienced applicants who is a non-banker or consultant consider IMD.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My father went here through an executive MBA program with EDS a few years back. He said it was an amazing school and the professors there were all top notch many of them also teach at Wharton and other schools. Its an internationally recognized school and one of the best.

adamflintoph

Reaction score
Today Carl Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act and the supply. The consortium currently has the two sources of funding.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads