1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

London Business School

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Ears, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Ears

Ears Member

This site seems knowledgeable when it comes to MBA's and business school, and I was just wondering if people have any thoughts on LBS? I'll be applying to MBA programs in about a years time, and im still weighing my options. I have a good shot at top 5 US schools, but LBS interests me as well. I know it's ranked highly on the international scale, but I don't see any direct comparisons. is it help in high esteem? Or is it just good for certain career paths, or what? (I.e: am I best sticking with US schools? FYI I'm canadian, so international fees will happen either way)

Thanks!

2. v.freeman

v.freeman Senior member

Good reputation, but ultimately I think it depends on where you want to work post-MBA. Europe or US?

3. Ears

Ears Member

I'd love the opportunity to choose, which is why I'm getting one. (A definite skill-set, employment within any city, etc). But I do prefer Europe, though a couple major US cities are something I wouldn't pass up either.

4. saiyar1

saiyar1 Senior member

You'll be fine at any top school including LBS.

But what do you want to do after? That should help you decide further.

5. suzuka

suzuka Senior member

you might want to look at INSEAD too

6. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

You'll be fine at any top school including LBS.

But what do you want to do after? That should help you decide further.

LBS is an top rank school and will be fine anywhere in the world.

7. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

LBS and INSEAD are the only two non-US schools I'd consider...

8. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

LBS and INSEAD are the only two non-US schools I'd consider...

Depends where you want to work. If your ultimate goal is having the choice between Europe and NA, go to the best school you can. Though Europe isn't exactly teeming with jobs right now... LBS and INSEAD still place but not as well as a few years ago. But then again, that's likely true for US schools as well, especially for finance heavy schools.

9. warmpi

warmpi Senior member

I believe you need to speak a second language for INSEAD admissions

10. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

I believe you need to speak a second language for INSEAD admissions

who doesn't? [​IMG] I mean Canadian is a second language, right?

11. joymorrison1

joymorrison1 New Member

London business school is a most popular and best for the best education. There are so many coerces available for the business development.

12. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

LBS masters in finance is really respected. Don't know much about their MBA.

13. CBDB

CBDB Senior member

I'm a Canadian that did a Sloan Fellowship at LBS. Great school and great experience. Recruiting is generally Euro focussed except for the BB investment banks. The LBS brand isn't highly weighted in Canada unless you're in the alumni circuit but that's true of any non-Canadian school. INSEAD FWIW likes it applicants to be in the 26-28 year old range and the vast majority typically go into consulting or IBanking. If you're a more experienced applicants who is a non-banker or consultant consider IMD.

14. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

My father went here through an executive MBA program with EDS a few years back. He said it was an amazing school and the professors there were all top notch many of them also teach at Wharton and other schools. Its an internationally recognized school and one of the best.

15. adamflintoph

adamflintoph New Member

Today Carl Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act and the supply. The consortium currently has the two sources of funding.