• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London and Paris recommendations - shopping/dining/drinks

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Taking a trip to Europe this spring and planning on doing 4 days in London and 4 days in Paris and am in search of some recommendations outside of the standard to help build out our itinerary, particularly in Paris. Some things we would be looking for input on:

Fine Dining - looking to treat ourselves to a top restaurant for traditional/continental cuisine, up to and including 3-star Michelin rated

Cocktail Lounges - any places known for outstanding cocktails or places that have a storied history (I've heard of Harry's New York Bar and thrown that on the list already)

Cafes - looking for some scenic and quintessential french cafes to spend some time people watching

Must-see stores - we probably won't purchase too much on this trip fashion wise, but its always fun to go take a look. Is there a Parisian equivalent of Savile Row or Harrods? Also any good places to buy cut lengths of cloth for CMT?

Cabaret/Burlesque shows - Is the Moulin Rouge worth it or is it a tourist trap? Any other shows that are better more entertaining?

Thanks in advance!

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Taking a trip to Europe this spring and planning on doing 4 days in London and 4 days in Paris and am in search of some recommendations outside of the standard to help build out our itinerary, particularly in Paris. Some things we would be looking for input on:

Fine Dining - looking to treat ourselves to a top restaurant for traditional/continental cuisine, up to and including 3-star Michelin rated

Cocktail Lounges - any places known for outstanding cocktails or places that have a storied history (I've heard of Harry's New York Bar and thrown that on the list already)

Cafes - looking for some scenic and quintessential french cafes to spend some time people watching

Must-see stores - we probably won't purchase too much on this trip fashion wise, but its always fun to go take a look. Is there a Parisian equivalent of Savile Row or Harrods? Also any good places to buy cut lengths of cloth for CMT?

Cabaret/Burlesque shows - Is the Moulin Rouge worth it or is it a tourist trap? Any other shows that are better more entertaining?

Thanks in advance!
There are so many things in in both cities but in London I love Sketch - don't eat there just go to the bar in the back. Also, like Aqua but kinda touristy nowadays. My favorite is the bar at the Connaught Hotel - get a martini it's their specialty and check out the cigar shop across the street. I also kind of like Chiltern Firehouse. Across the street from Chiltern is Monocle Cafe - always thought their coffee was pretty awesome.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
l'Astrance is probably the best value out there for 3 star restaurants.

Have a bunch of places to recommend. Will compile and edit my post in due course.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads