LOL! RLPL Butt thong, only used twice!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Stu

Stu Senior member

2. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

I thought I had seen everything. Thank you for pointing out my error.

....comes with rolled sock at no extra cost.

3. marc237

marc237 Senior member

This line from the advertisement would seem to indicate that the seller has a flair for understatement:

"The suit attracts a lot of attention as it has a narrow cut and a color not often seen."

4. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

I NEED this. I'm tired of the panty lines visible on all my RLPL suits.

5. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

And in case you are from those that are unneasy about wearing used clothing, Not to worry... It was only used twice.

6. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

May be the seller is not trying to sell the thong. He's a exhibitionist. Or he's targeting people with fetish for worn under/swim wear.

7. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

seems it would be more useful for the black label suits.

8. kabert

kabert Senior member

Nasty -- both the auction, and the fact that RLPL is actually making this stuff.  IMO, they're diluting the RLPL name by putting the label on junk like this.  As a stomach-churning aside, you can see from the auction it's a real person modelling the thong.  The real problem, and perhaps the reason he only wore it twice, is the unbelievably flat butt he's got.   I think a flood of condolences, ridicule, etc. via "email the seller" is in order.

9. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Sorry... my policy on butt floss swimwear is that even if you CAN wear it without the embarassing dunlop syndrome issue you probably ought not to.
    Lose the tan lines in a tanning bed if you must.

...or should the term be em bareass ing.

Hmmm, the somewhat terrifying speculation about brazilian groin waxing in the 'body consciousness' forum takes on new relevence in light of this somewhat terrifying development.

Manton? If you would explain to us the proper decorum around hair removal and butt floss swimwear we'd appreciate your wisdom, seems like an area where faux pas would be numerous and serious in terms of fashion transgression.

10. lisapop

lisapop Senior member

Doesn't "ralph" mean "to vomit" in American slang? Mr. Lauren would appear to be living up to that connotation.
    Grayson

11. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

This has never been a subject of my research. Once the trousers come off, my inquiries end.

12. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Please don't bid on this. I had been considering going bespoke for my thong because I'm hard to fit off the rack. I'm a 32 waist and so I need a medium, but mediums tend not to fit in ... mmm ... other places. But the seller says this one is "roomy" in the front. Sort of like the "athletic cut" of business suits, no?

Also, does the statement that it was "worn twice" include the modeling shots (can you imagine asking someone to photograph you?)? And, is the fact that it hasn't been worn in salt water really putting my mind at ease?

13. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Roomy in front.... hmmmmmm, like there are not enough things in this world to make a man feel insecure.

Do they make a training thong for the less well-endowed and an especially large one for the 'full figured man'?

This thread just can't conceivably end well but it makes for a nice diversion.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

JN3,

LOL. Reminds me of that terrific scene from "This is Spinal Tap".

As for the auction, I hope that stu found this because he searched for "Ralph Lauren" and for *no other reason*.

15. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I can see this thread ending in about six days, when the auction ends.  Three days after that we'll have a new picture of Cuffthis in his new Purple Label garment in the "what are you wearing now" thread (said in jest, of course, because Cuff has a closet full of the most beautiful Purple Label garments for all seasons).