1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

logsdail or raphael?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AvariceBespoke, Jan 10, 2007.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Despos, but only with the discount.

- B

2. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

- B

You too.

3. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

- B

You can gladly have the same discount previously offered to Grimslade.

4. randallr

randallr Senior member

Nice girls have to try harder. Veronica would lay there limply while holding her hands up behind your head so she can admire her jewelry. The jewelry you had to buy her just for the pleasure of a missionary-position quickie.

Betty, on the other hand, would supply the spaghetti and lube to keep you out of Veronica's arms.

This made my night.

5. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Dude, stop monopolizing this fucking forum.

+1

6. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

are you also considering italian-style bespoke? Myself, I don't think I'd go to either-- I like Brioni and the like too much over british.

As long as you're shopping around for your next suit, why not take a close look at William Fioravanti at 45 W. 57th street (can't hurt to take a look, and i've been curious about this place since Esquire sent a man there for a killer suit, article can be searched by 'esquire perfect suit Fioravanti'). Just be sure to get double vents in the jacket.

I'd also take a closer look at Rubinacci, don't recall anyone on the forum having a bad or disappointing experience with him. Makes trips to the USA, right?

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

are you also considering italian-style bespoke? Myself, I don't think I'd go to either-- I like Brioni and the like too much over british.

As long as you're shopping around for your next suit, why not take a close look at William Fioravanti at 45 W. 57th street (can't hurt to take a look, and i've been curious about this place since Esquire sent a man there for a killer suit, article can be searched by 'esquire perfect suit Fioravanti'). Just be sure to get double vents in the jacket.

I'd also take a closer look at Rubinacci, don't recall anyone on the forum having a bad or disappointing experience with him. Makes trips to the USA, right?

Are you trying to stir that pot again??

8. voxsartoria

They have a flagship booteek at the Carlyle. Tepdoc lives right above it...in fact, there's a fireman's pole from his suite right down into the boutique, and he spirals down Batman-style whenever someone comes in to buy one of the unlined sevens.

- B

9. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

Are you trying to stir that pot again??

They have a flagship booteek at the Carlyle. Tepdoc lives right above it...in fact, there's a fireman's pole from his suite right down into the boutique, and he spirals down Batman-style whenever someone comes in to buy one of the unlined sevens.

- B

[​IMG]

10. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Lies, all lies.

11. AvariceBespoke

AvariceBespoke Senior member

I'd rather not go with a tailor that just makes trips. I would like to be able to have access to them for as many fittings as possible and also to be able to order more garments anytime.

It is one thing for trousers (like when Ambrosi visits in late Jan. 09) but another for suits.

Fioravanti is REALLY expensive. 10k+ starting for suit.

I'm not sure I want a soft shoulder like photos I've seen of Raphael's suits. As a result I'm leaning towards Len. I'm visiting with him soon but I may stop in to Raphael's to take a look.

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

13. AvariceBespoke

What about Corvato?

carl the shirtmaker speaks very highly of him. i've never seen any photos of his work (although I have seen photos of the man).

Perhaps I meet with him too to get a sense of different tailor operations.

14. AvariceBespoke

15. voxsartoria

What about Corvato?

The Tailor to the Stars????

- B

16. AvariceBespoke

The Tailor to the Stars????

- B

david letterman is the one most referenced

17. mafoofan

Have you tried Brioni RTW?

18. AvariceBespoke

Have you tried Brioni RTW?

I tried them on at Bergdorf & Barney's. I tried on quite a few that I honestly forget how the Brioni fit exactly.

P.S. are you being serious or are you being facetious

19. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

You can gladly have the same discount previously offered to Grimslade.

[​IMG]

20. mafoofan

I tried them on at Bergdorf & Barney's. I tried on quite a few that I honestly forget how the Brioni fit exactly.

P.S. are you being serious or are you being facetious

I'm being serious. I don't think you should try bespoke because, frankly, you're just going to annoy the tailor. I'm not saying this to be mean, but because you have high, yet vague, expectations; both of you are likely to get frustrated. Either he'll wind up wasting his time, or you'll wind up with a suit you're not happy with.

I ask about Brioni RTW because the quality is at least as good as Tom Ford/Zegna and the shoulders are straight and not soft.