1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Local Tailor in Phoenix or MTM?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by webwing, Sep 19, 2016.

1. webwing

webwing Member

I've been trying to find a sport coat and jacket and was about to pull the trigger on a SuitSupply sport coat. Unfortunately, numerous people have recommended me to not go for that brown one as it is a heavy fall/winter coat and I live in Phoenix. Suitsupply is out of the brown jackets I like from the summer collection in my size.

I went to see if a local tailor had any good RTW stuff (Brothers' Tailors on Central) but he recommended making me a jacket for about $800. I considered it, but am unsure if a good jacket can be made for that price, and despite the million 5 star Yelp reviews of his place, I'm not sure on the quality or if his aesthetic would fit me.

The only recommended tailor I found on here (Fakeri) is no longer in business. My alternative is a Suit Supply MTM.

My question is, which is a better bet, getting it tailored locally or Suitsupply MTM? If local, is there anyone capable of doing good MTM in Phoenix? (Note: even $800 is stretching my budget for this item considerably). Or just wait until Suit Supply rolls around to the summer collection?