• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lobbs in jermyn st london

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that they should, since the stores in Paris are already holding their sales.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just phoned John Lobb, Jermyn Street for the first day of the Sale: Saturday, July 3rd.

I usually get an invitation with the date and as I hadn't received anything this month, I thought I might be in the doghouse. But as they start their Sale very late this year, I presume the invitations have not gone out yet or are still in the post. What a relief. I might still be in the god books of Messrs John Lobb (Paris).

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
I might still be in the god books of Messrs John Lobb (Paris).
Wow, to be considered a god by a retailer. That is quite an accomplishment.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow, to be considered a god by a retailer.
I wish I were in anybody's "God books", but then, of course, I would have used a "capital G".

It's just one of these spelling mistakes which the spell checker does not pick up.
(Thanks for the many mistakes he does pick up.)

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
I wish I were in anybody's "God books", but then, of course, I would have used a "capital G". It's just one of these spelling mistakes which the spell checker does not pick up. (Thanks for the many mistakes he does pick up.)
biggrin.gif
We all think highly of you in any event.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. There is a chance I may be able to be in London on 3 July... Hope so.

Reaction score
Members on this forum must bear some of the responsibility for the thrashing I've given my credit card in the last ten days. At the Lobb factory sale I bought two pairs of loafers (black Dorchester and tan buffalo Lopez) and a pair of deck shoes (gold barenia Trinidad). Then I went to Edward Green and bought two slighly different pairs of Oxfords ( Asquith and Berkeley, both black). Finally, I went to the Lobb Jermyn Street sale today. Sadly, I didn't find anything in the sale I really liked, but I did buy a full-price pair of square-toed Sandon in black calf - tres chic. All of these are in addition to the pair of double-buckle monks (black Wallace) I bought from Lobb's a few weeks ago. Someone tell me to stop, please...

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Members on this forum must bear some of the responsibility for the thrashing I've given my credit card in the last ten days.  
Six pairs of shoes in ten days, that's pretty good going.

Welcome as a fully paid up member of the Imelda-Club.

Reaction score
Imelda Club membership already?  And I haven't even started on the high heels yet...

Did you make it to the Jermyn Street sale today, Mr Stripe?  While I was there a slim, young man in a striped shirt carrying a Cleverley's bag came in.  Knew the assistants, knew his stuff.  Was it you?  

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
While I was there a slim, young man in a striped shirt carrying a Cleverley's bag came in.  
No, that wasn't me. I did have a look, couldn't find anything and left within five minutes.

That's the problem as a member of the Imelda Club, once you have passed the second dozen of shoes you get so blasÃ
00a9.png
and it is very hard for any shoe to take your fancy. I also have this little man (I think his name is "Conscience") who whispers into my ear, every time I enter a shoe shop: "You need new shoes like a hole in the head."

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although Imelda did buy domestically made shoes. Which for you bengal-stripe would be quite true.

For others out of Great Britain not so much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads