• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOBB SALE! Contact info,etc.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wowee....Stanley Korshak is having a big sale, and Lobb shoes WITH the really nice shoe trees (VERY nice wood trees...) are on sale. I think the most expensive pair was about $789, so you'd just have to pay shipping. Call Doug Ritzwoller, cell phone 214-871-3635, he is ready to work with ya over the phone if you want some.

lots of size 10, 10.5, and most other sizes. Really nice monkstraps, black basics (I think this one was a limited edition), etc. Damn corporate casual-- I can't really justify them for me, but thought I'd pass the word.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lobbs start at around $850, right?  Any idea of what percentage off these shoes are at?

edit: i just called...that phone number goes to a fax machine?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Were they charging that much as sale prices? Here in the DC area, NM and a store called "Relish" carry a few Lobb models, and I think they run from about $650-750 full retail depending on the model. For example, Relish charges $655 for the Campus loafer (a split toe slip-on loafer).

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called Stanley Korshak...the Lobbs are at 25% off this week, 50% off next week. 11.5's, step off.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called Stanley Korshak...the Lobbs are at 25% off this week, 50% off next week.  11.5's, step off.
Is that 25% off of $789, or is $789 what they cost at 25% off?

Edited to fix grammar...

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where in DC is Relish located?
Here's what I found on the verizon superpages.com:

Relish
3312 Cady's Alley NW, Washington, DC 20500
(202) 333-5344

The map appears to put it about 1 block from white house, off to the northeast.

I've never been in the store, so I might check it out sometime.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(montecristo#4 @ 31 Dec. 2004, 5:14) Where in DC is Relish located?
Here's what I found on the verizon superpages.com: Relish 3312 Cady's Alley NW, Washington, DC 20500 (202) 333-5344 The map appears to put it about 1 block from white house, off to the northeast. I've never been in the store, so I might check it out sometime.
Cady's Alley is an alley of design stores off of M St in Georgetown. I forget the exact cross streets -- near M and 30-something. There is a sign leading to it that you can see from the sidewalk that says "Cady's Alley". If it weren't for Relish I would never have known of the Alley's existence. It's a pedestrian arcade, FYI.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just checked the address on mapquest and yahoo maps, and RJman appears to be right. I'm not sure why verizon's map is putting it 1 block from the white house.

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
OK, i think now they are 25% off and then on jan 3 they are doing an additional 25 off, which i believe is not 25 plus 25, but 25% off of the 75% price, make sense? they used to go 25 ,then 50, then 25% on top of 50, THEN 65, but i think 50 and then 25 on top of that is as low as they go. i saw a great pair of grey pants w/ a blue windowpane that i'll probably get in addition to the awesome belvest wool/cashmere natural/navy/hunter/chocolate houndstooth that just arrived the other day~.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damnit, I may have listed the wrong contact number.....it should read 214-676-2659 Doug.

Lobbs were marked down from about $1200 to around $789; I came close to buying a pair, i can tell you-- awesome.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lobbs were marked down from about $1200 to around $789; I came close to buying a pair, i can tell you-- awesome.

Those would be the models with the "bootmaker sole" then (beveled waist.) In which case $789 is after a fairly significant discount.

naturlaut

Reaction score
That's not a bad sale. I had more luck at the Lobb store sale before, though (Bootmaker shoes down to about $700). What are the styles left?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
N-- be sure to call my contact at the store; very stylish and extremely helpful. he had a cool SB glen plaid suit on, with a black mock turtleneck-- one sleeve button undone, of course, so i guess Doug is a dandy like myself (or a pompous ass like myself, depending upon your interpretation of the sleeve button undone..)
biggrin.gif
The styles i saw (which all had a superb shape to the sole and overall, better than i have seen in previous lobb shoes) were wonderful dark brown monkstraps, a brownish-olive laceup, and a really really good looking black laceup, with fancy foxing on the plain toe. That's the one i almost bought. Again, the trees were so great-- dark hardwood, looked like they were hinged in the middle. I almost regret not picking up a pair, but i'm DEFINITELY locked in corporate casual now that i'm here at my new job in arizona...

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy,31 Dec. 2004, 2:25
Originally Posted by montecristo#4,31 Dec. 2004, 5:14
Where in DC is Relish located?
Here's what I found on the verizon superpages.com: Relish 3312 Cady's Alley NW, Washington, DC 20500 (202) 333-5344 The map appears to put it about 1 block from white house, off to the northeast. I've never been in the store, so I might check it out sometime.

Cady's Alley is an alley of design stores off of M St in Georgetown. Â I forget the exact cross streets -- near M and 30-something. Â There is a sign leading to it that you can see from the sidewalk that says "Cady's Alley". If it weren't for Relish I would never have known of the Alley's existence. Â It's a pedestrian arcade, FYI.
There is an entrance to Cady's Alley from the south side of M Street between 33rd and 34th street around Ligne Roset and Bo Concept. Â Alternatively, you can head south on 33rd or 34th street from M street to access the alley. I doubt that the Lobbs that Relish carries will be part of the sale that starts this Friday, however, as they are not seasonal wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads