• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lobb EE Last

pledge

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
1
Does anyone have experience with JL wide lasts? Are they much wider than the traditional "E" width? Does the usual size-down/increase width rule apply? i.e. a 6.5E=6EE? Thanks, as always.
 

16520Man

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
372
Reaction score
8
I wear a JL 10EE. Naturally, it is wider than a UK E. It is as wide as a US 10.5E.
 

pledge

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
1
Hmm...Do you think it would allow you to size down 1/2 size? Thx for the reply.
 

16520Man

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
372
Reaction score
8
I cannot size down to a UK 9.5EE; my toes would get cramped.
 

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
20,251
Reaction score
5,358
I wear a UK10E in Lobbs. I have several different lasts and they all seem to work well for my foot. My salesman at Neiman's suggested that I try a pair of UK10EE oxfords that they ordered for someone and were never picked up. As a result, the sale price was about 50% off. He added a tongue pad and they fit and feel wonderful. They have plenty of wiggle room for my toes but aren't at all sloppy in width. I would not change the length or size down if you are considering a EE.
 

pledge

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I wear a UK10E in Lobbs. I have several different lasts and they all seem to work well for my foot. My salesman at Neiman's suggested that I try a pair of UK10EE oxfords that they ordered for someone and were never picked up. As a result, the sale price was about 50% off. He added a tongue pad and they fit and feel wonderful. They have plenty of wiggle room for my toes but aren't at all sloppy in width. I would not change the length or size down if you are considering a EE.

Great advice, guys. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
 

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
9,464
Reaction score
16
EE is equivalent to the U.S. E (wide) width. I had a pair of boots in EE width I sold to a fellow Styleforumer.
 

pledge

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
632
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by zjpj83
EE is equivalent to the U.S. E (wide) width. I had a pair of boots in EE width I sold to a fellow Styleforumer.

Any particular reason? Were they just too wide for your foot? Do you tend to have narrow feet than most?
 

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
9,464
Reaction score
16
Originally Posted by pledge
Any particular reason? Were they just too wide for your foot? Do you tend to have narrow feet than most?

No, they fit great, I just never wore them.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 9 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 37 15.4%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 74 30.8%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 47 19.6%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 17 7.1%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 16 6.7%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 9 3.8%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 11 4.6%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 13 5.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,322
Messages
9,197,030
Members
193,156
Latest member
ntt

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top