1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lobb Double Monks Appreciation Thread...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Mar 20, 2011.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

yes, double boucles mogador

Good call. They are gorgeous.

From here.

2. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

From here.

that blog post needs an accuracy check..

photo of lobb st. james with a lobb paris shoe and also that 100 pairs of bespoke shoes are made each day.[​IMG]

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

that blog post needs an accuracy check..

photo of lobb st. james with a lobb paris shoe and also that 100 pairs of bespoke shoes are made each day.[​IMG]

So maybe they are £400 not £4000!

4. markspencer

markspencer Member

Awesome. I fell in love the first time i saw them.

5. woolymammoth

woolymammoth Senior member

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I called the Southern California store today. He said that RTW Chapels in croc run about $12,000 for any new orders. Bespoke in Croc will start at about $20,000. He did have some older Williams he can offer at the older prices of $8,500.

But if you want RTW leather Chapels ordered in any color they are $1640 with no additional charge for special orders this week. (that almost sounds inexpensive by comparison to the crocs)

7. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I called the Southern California store today. He said that RTW Chapels in croc run about $12,000 for any new orders. Bespoke in Croc will start at about $20,000. He did have some older Williams he can offer at the older prices of $8,500.

But if you want RTW leather Chapels ordered in any color they are $1640 with no additional charge for special orders this week. (that almost sounds inexpensive by comparison to the crocs)

Wow. I stand corrected about my earlier comment on Ascot Shoes ebay listing. At $12,000, I'm better off booking a plane ticket and hotel to Hawaii or Cali and just ordering bespoke Cleverley gators for way less.

There goes my goal of getting those croc Chapels on the JL site or getting custom croc Vale's.

8. Srynerson

Srynerson Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Vale, still my grail, I don't have one so I fail. [​IMG]

Beautiful shoes, but I still have to declare you guilty of "Thread Subject Line Reading Comprehension Fail." [​IMG] / [​IMG]

9. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

10. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

X-post from thread created by SF member hsianwang: My John Lobb 2010 St. Crepin Congrats, hsianwang! These are amazing. Thanks for sharing pics [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. alphaO888

alphaO888 Senior member

I think this in a cinnamon brown suede was perhaps the most beautiful pair I've ever seen. They brought them to a Lobb trunk show at Wilkes Bashford a few years ago. [​IMG]
    Can some PLEASE tell me which style these Lobbs are called? I love the way the straps are angle towards the back of the shoe... never mind - just went back a page and saw.. my excitement made me post too quickly.. Are these going to be "By Request" shoes? Do you guys know how much this will set someone back by?

13. GusW

Are these going to be "By Request" shoes? Do you guys know how much this will set someone back by? Thanks

$1640 if you order them this week at the LA store there is no extra charge for special orders of any standard colored leathers of their models.

14. GusW

They are a Chapel, made from a single piece of leather with no back seam. You pic has a stitch across the toe. Usually they are plain.

15. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

^that isn't the chapel...

16. SpooPoker

Eff me and double eff me. Thats just insane. How did you start that conversation? Anonymously, or you called your regular guy? I bet he got a fat boner when he heard that [​IMG]

I want those damn Chapels so bad. I hate you for starting this thread. Im not ready to drop $1640, but does anyone know somewhere these are available at a fair-substantial discount? They are like unicorns here and eBay in my size. [​IMG]

17. GusW

^that isn't the chapel...

So, are you going to share it with us???

18. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

So, are you going to share it with us???

I thought that was one of their new MTM models.

19. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Eff me and double eff me. Thats just insane. How did you start that conversation? Anonymously, or you called your regular guy? I bet he got a fat boner when he heard that [​IMG]

I want those damn Chapels so bad. I hate you for starting this thread. Im not ready to drop $1640, but does anyone know somewhere these are available at a fair-substantial discount? They are like unicorns here and eBay in my size. [​IMG]

If there's a Neiman Marcus near you start a relationship with a shoe salesman there. They'll let you know when the private night sale occurs in which you can place an order and get 25% off. They usually have them twice a year once in March-April time frame and another in Oct-Nov timeframe.

20. GusW

My NM salesman has let me know twice when special order Lobbs weren't picked up and they were letting them go for half price at their sale. But, somehow they never quite get out on to the sale rack [​IMG]