1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lobb boots on ebay.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AJL, Aug 2, 2004.

1. AJL

AJL Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....hosting Just the boot trees alone it seems would be worth at least $100-200. I'm wondering about the fit, as I am 7.5, though sometimes an 8 on a tighter fitting last. I suppose a heavier sock could be worn as it is a boot. Anyone familiar with this boot, in terms of fit and authenticity?

2. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

They are bespoke Lobb's from London. So they aren't a size anything - they might fit near a size 8D and they might not. They look wide to me.

3. kabert

kabert Senior member

I'd guess 3-3/4 width is a C or D width. The length listed is over 10 inches -- with the toe not being overly pointy, I'd think a size 9 or even 9-1/2 US could fit these. For example, I'm a size 12-1/2 US -- right now I'm wearing a pair of size 12-1/2 Allen Edmonds shoes with a sole that measures out to about 13-1/4 inches. I assume a similar size vs. length function would apply to these boots.

4. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

My size 9 AE or Alden shoes have a length in the soles of maybe 11 3/4 to 12 inches. Mine are an E width (4 to 4 1/4 inches). My guess is that the Lobbs are closer to an 8 or an 8 1/2 American size. I'd be careful.

5. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Guessing shoe size from length and width is an imprecise science at best, because of the differences in toe shape. I've pretty much given up on it - usually when I sell bespoke shoes I make friends try them on so I can figure out how they fit...