1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

loakes at cT Charles Tyrwhitt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by oscarthewild, Jan 20, 2005.

1. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

Are the lower line shoes leather lined? Or do they have canvas in the front?

2. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

I have today ordered the CT Loake country brogues which are half price in the sale, in the belief that they are possibly Loake Chesters. A search on another site which sells this model has found them to be described as fully leather lined.

Whether the CT supplied items prove to be will be seen in a few days, but I remain hopeful.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I have the suede brogues and as far as I can remember, they are not fully leather lined.

4. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

I got my Loakes today, and they are fully leather lined. I have no problems regarding either the leather or general construction, they are not in the same league as my Church's or C&J, but are good for the price. However, I am still returning them,(provided the normal returns policy applies to sale items, I have to check) as the shape is very clumsy looking, the sole as viewed from below is the exact outline as shown in the various books I have of the typical shape of a cheap mass produced shoe as opposed to the more form fitting elegant and narrow shape of a bench made shoe. Shame really, £67.50 was a nice price for Goodyear welted country brogues, and CT sent thm very quickly, along with some nice felt bags.