• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loake sizing

sixtynine

Reaction score
I am planning to try a few Loakes on and then buy online.

I have my eye on the following (I will likely buy two or three of the following) (taken from pediwear):

Buckingham [Tan]
Moore [Brown]
756 [Chestnut]
771 [Burgundy]
Braemar
Tweed [Tan]
Royal Brogue [Burgundy]
202 [Brown]

I am a 9 in AU sizing so I expect to the a 9UK. Are the Loake's fairly similar amongst the range of Loakes? That is, if I try on the Buckingham in store, then purchase the 771 (for example) I am likely to be fine if I pick the same size?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes there's slight variance in lasts, but sizing is basically consistent within the same width fitting.

sixtynine

Reaction score
As they all appear to be 'F', I should be good to go. Cheers
smile.gif

redwinglover

Reaction score
what about the last "capital". is it more of the sleeker one compared to the 026 ?

redwinglover

Reaction score
i have read that often. with which model have you this problem ?
my feet are not the widthest so maybe ´the loakes are not the right shoe for me.

otherwise i have apair full brogue from tyrwhitt in size 10f and they fits well - according to some members they are made from loake and maybe they have used the same last.

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
It is most obvious with the Loake 1880 Exeter (of which I have a Herring Shoes derivative); I also have a Durham variant (which I think was originally a Tyrwhitt shoe) and a Truro - these are not so bad. It's really only with the Exeter that it is noticeably an issue, and even then it is tolerable.

Luca Brasi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redwinglover
what about the last "capital". is it more of the sleeker one compared to the 026 ?
Yes it, the Capital, is definitely sleeker than 026. I bought the Wells recently but I do wish that I got the Aldwych.

zapatoyhorma

Reaction score
Hello,

is the Capital last sleeker than the 026 regarding the metatarsus or rather the forefoot, i.e. does it have significantly less space at the toebox?

thank's

zapatoyhorma

Reaction score
I'll answer myself as I testet it: The capital last offers much more space to the forefoot and some more to the instep than the 026 (too much for me, besides). It might look sleeker than the latter but it's not idoneous for narrow feet.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good job doing some research and answering your own question.

killercadi

Reaction score
I just bought the Aldywich from Pediwear. I thinks it's a pretty good looking shoe for the price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads