• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loake Pimlico chukka pics + C&J Tetbury comparison

IBJanky

Reaction score
So I wanted to get a new pair of chukkas that I can take with me while traveling abroad.

I've always wondered about the Loake Pimlico chukkas, but could never find real life pictures of it. The only pictures I could find were from the store websites.

So I ordered a pair of Pimlicos in dark brown calf from Herring Shoes a few days ago, and they came in the mail today.

Here are some pics, straight out of the box:

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

I also have a pair of C&J Tetbury chukkas in dark brown calf. Here are the side by side comparison (Tetbury on the right, Pimlico on the left):

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Btw, I wear a 12E in the C&Js and a 12F in the Loakes.

The Tetbury has a more chiseled toe than the Pimlico, which gives it a bit of a more sleeker look. Just depends on your preference.

I personally think the Pimlicos look great as well. I would be happy to wear either of these. I just have to give the Pimlicos a good first polish and they'll be good to go
smile.gif

Hope this helps someone out there who was wondering about the same thing.

myke

maudac

Reaction score
Thanks Myke, that helps - been looking at the Pimlicos but it's difficult to find decent pictures of the last shape. Enjoy them!

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great pics Myke.....

Been thinking about a Dark Brown Chukka with dainite for some time. The C&J 348 doesnt suit me at all so these Loakes are a runner. Any thoughts on the leather quality in comparison to the Tetburys Myke???

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kev777
Great pics Myke.....

Been thinking about a Dark Brown Chukka with dainite for some time. The C&J 348 doesnt suit me at all so these Loakes are a runner. Any thoughts on the leather quality in comparison to the Tetburys Myke???

I'll let you know as soon as I polish them and wear them
smile.gif

myke

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i take the same size and was wondering how a 12E would fit in C&J

can you remember if you found them more snug initially than the loakes? would you consider yourself somewhere between a true 12E and 12F?

IBJanky

Reaction score
After a quick spit shine, these bad boys are looking like mirrors:

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

I'll try and wear them tonight when I go out. Let y'all know how they compare to the C&Js.

myke

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
I've worn my Pimlico's for about 4-5 months now and they crease just like the Tetbury's, just so you know.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
I've worn my Pimlico's for about 4-5 months now and they crease just like the Tetbury's, just so you know.

I embrace the creases. Just part of the aging process
smile.gif

myke

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really nice. I've also been wanting a pair of dark brown chukkas for a while now. I was hoping to find a good deal on C&J Brecons, but nothing has come up, and I'm a bit unsure how I feel about the pebble grain

brecon-db.jpg

cj_brecon_3.jpg

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross Post with Shoe Pron ...

Inspired by this thread i subsequently went out and bought none of the above
laugh.gif

I bought these Alfred Sargent Mendips and i'm chuffed to bits, i tried the Tetburys Brecons et al and decided on these and i have to say im impressed. The leather quality and construction is as good if not better than the C&J which to be honest i'm slightly miffed at having bought 3 pair C&J's recently and not been overly impressed.
plain.gif

AlfredSargentMendip1.jpg

AlfredSargentMendip2.jpg

Now just gotta send them to Myke for polishing !!!!!

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy but I really dislike the Tetbury. It's way too elongated and chiseled for a chukka IMO.. And I'm a big fan of C&J and chukkas in general. The Loakes look great though!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the pics.

I think the Tetbury has a much better, sleeker last. The Pimlico is more bulbous, and the Mendips so bulbous I would refuse to wear.

Although I don't own any of these, the Tetbury is the one that I have my eye on.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great pics Myke...I have an eye for the Pimlico as well (same color)

I normally wear 7D US...any thoughts and suggestion on sizing/fit ? UK 6 or 6.5 ?

Thanks......

Groover

Reaction score
Noice boots Kev! Good find there, enjoy them my friend.

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Thanks to everyone for the pics.

I think the Tetbury has a much better, sleeker last. The Pimlico is more bulbous, and the Mendips so bulbous I would refuse to wear.

Although I don't own any of these, the Tetbury is the one that I have my eye on.

The Tetbury's look anything but sleek in those pics, sorry but the 348 looks over elongated in those pics, no offence IBJanky

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads