1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Loake Kempton chukkas?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mbc, May 2, 2006.

1. Napoleon

Napoleon Senior member

My Suede Kemptons arrived yesterday from Pediwear. They are darker than the CT ones shown in the 2nd post on this thread. I'm very happy with them mind you. They look like this (not my photo, cross posted from another thread)

[​IMG][/IMG]

They are nice. Thank you for the post. I like the colour, they could maybe be a bit darker(?).

2. Smudge

Smudge Senior member

I think mine might be a little darker IRL than the ones in the photo posted above.

3. Napoleon

Napoleon Senior member

Ok, good to hear. Rubber sole?

4. Spark

Spark Senior member

I have a pair of the wide (G) suede ones I picked up on a closeout from CT a ways back - suede is definitely darker than the pics, not quite a deep chocolate but closer to Smudge's shots..perhaps a wee bit darker.

Shoes are very, very comfortable and the last is attractive - not too elongated or blobby - and they have held up well.

In fact, I'd love to get a pair in brown calf with danite soles as winter beaters but I can only find Kemptons in an F rather than the wider fitting. Only thing close is the Gatcombe, but I have no idea what "waxy leather" is -- anybody have a clue?

5. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

nice shoes everyone. anyone know if they come in a burgundy/cordovan/# 8 ish color?

edit, I do see the Loake Pimlico at Pediwear in burnished burgundy for 122 pounds ex VAT at Pediwear, which is a $30 ish upcharge from the Kempton.

after shipping, all in, looking at $210 USD. not bad. I think my debate will be something like that vs another RM Williams Chelsea.

I had great luck with my Grenson Desert boot...I am between an 8.5 and 9 US, and just slightly wide, so a British 8 F in Grenson really fits me well.

6. Sander

Sander Senior member

I'm going to bump this thread.

I would like to know if the Loake Kempton's in Brown Suede are light like on some pictures or dark like in some pictures?

If there are two models, please link. Best would be to see pictures taken by members etc.

They are nice. Thank you for the post. I like the colour, they could maybe be a bit darker(?).

The pic quoted above is from me, it's the Herring Campden (made by Loake), which is very similar to the Loake Kempton, but not exactly the same. They look a little darker irl, it's quite a dark brown.
    The Loake Kempton actually is lighter in colour than the Herring model. Just look at MoK's posts the last few days, he wears them often and they are lighter.
    If you want to make sure, just email Herringshoes, they will be able to help you.

7. Napoleon

Napoleon Senior member

I've found the shoes in Stockholm where I'm on vacation. They are not as "long" as I thought. They're higher. Is there a substitute for the Kempton's? Pimlico perhaps?

Could we get some pictures of both shoes to have something to compare too? Fast please, I only have one day left in this place.

8. Schnurretiger

Schnurretiger Senior member

Here are some pictures oy my Kemptons from another thread somewhere. I've been wearing them for 4 weeks now and they are great. Having ordered them online, I might have gone down yet another half size, but I didn't want to send them back. They fit good enough for me. The leather is soft, I've only got some trouble with the upper end of heel on my right foot, that's where the leather simply doesn't get any softer. They are not dark brown, if that is what you are looking for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Can someone give me some sizing advice on the Loake Kempton Chukkas? I just went to the Allen Edmonds store, where the sales associate assured me I was a 9.5 in their Park Avenue (he said you wanted about a thumb length between your toe and the end of the shoe). They seemed a tad bit longer than I was used to, but again, I haven't owned too many dress shoes up to this point. Anyway, I want to get a pair of the Loake Chukkas, but I'm a bit worried about the sizing. If a 9.5 E (wide) Allen Edmond is a bit long, but spot on in terms of width, what size should I get in these? I really need them to get to the states by next week for an upcoming conference. Any help is appreciated.

10. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Can someone give me some sizing advice on the Loake Kempton Chukkas? I just went to the Allen Edmonds store, where the sales associate assured me I was a 9.5 in their Park Avenue (he said you wanted about a thumb length between your toe and the end of the shoe).

They seemed a tad bit longer than I was used to, but again, I haven't owned too many dress shoes up to this point.

Anyway, I want to get a pair of the Loake Chukkas, but I'm a bit worried about the sizing. If a 9.5 E (wide) Allen Edmond is a bit long, but spot on in terms of width, what size should I get in these? I really need them to get to the states by next week for an upcoming conference. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry to bump this, but I have a huge business conference in a week and a half, and I really want to order a pair of Chukkas by the end of today to make sure they get here before I leave.

11. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Sorry to bump this, but I have a huge business conference in a week and a half, and I really want to order a pair of Chukkas by the end of today to make sure they get here before I leave.

My guess would be a UK 9, but I'm not familiar with AE... The 026 is a reasonably generous last.

12. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Senior member

Can someone give me some sizing advice on the Loake Kempton Chukkas? I just went to the Allen Edmonds store, where the sales associate assured me I was a 9.5 in their Park Avenue (he said you wanted about a thumb length between your toe and the end of the shoe).

They seemed a tad bit longer than I was used to, but again, I haven't owned too many dress shoes up to this point.

Anyway, I want to get a pair of the Loake Chukkas, but I'm a bit worried about the sizing. If a 9.5 E (wide) Allen Edmond is a bit long, but spot on in terms of width, what size should I get in these? I really need them to get to the states by next week for an upcoming conference. Any help is appreciated.

While I wear a 8.5D in the PA which generally corresponds to a (slightly loose fitting) UK 7.5F in the 026 last in shoes, I found I needed to size down to a UK 7F in the Kempton. I chalk this up to the higher instep and overall bigger shape of the chukka boot.

Your mileage may vary.

13. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

While I wear a 8.5D in the PA which generally corresponds to a (slightly loose fitting) UK 7.5F in the 026 last in shoes, I found I needed to size down to a UK 7F in the Kempton. I chalk this up to the higher instep and overall bigger shape of the chukka boot.

Your mileage may vary.

Thanks...I went with a UK 8.5, so we'll see how that works out.

14. aldordor

aldordor Member

Tried these on yesterday in a store that stocks em here in Melbourne, Australia.
    It was of the grain leather variation in tan.
    I'm a US 9D in Allen Edmonds Lloyd and I fit snugly into a UK 8 Kempton. Seems pretty TTS to me.. Very comfortable indeed.

Just giving my two cents on the matter..

15. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

(Not entirely sure why we're reviving a thread this old, but...)

@aldordor: where is stocking them in Melbourne? Have McCloud's got a new shipment of Loakes or something?

Apropos of nothing, I bought a pair in tan off Pediwear a couple of months ago and I'm very happy with them. I'd agrees they are TTS. Now if I could just find a f*cking tan belt to go with them....