• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hlvd

Reaction score
Theres 2 rows of stitching holes on the welt. Would that mean i would need to replace the welt aswell for a proper job ?
I'm sorry, I don't know, I suppose that's why your cobbler wanted to replace the welt as well.
Why don't you contact Loake Customer Service and ask if they'd consider refurbishing your boots?

beau chapeau

Reaction score
Here are my Export (Onyx Black) Parliament wholecuts... just been given a shine by Steven Skippen (Shoeshine UK)...
What can I say? They are a wonderful shoe to wear, extremely comfortable, with a very satisfying 'clunk' with every step that you take.... I really do love 'em, and will probably get the Blue, if I should come across a pair..

197106245_571415504241421_5543749978911300874_n.jpg

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, are they based on a Loake design or Herring’s own?
How’s the sizing?
They are built on the Loake 026 last with the same design as their Kempton chukka boots, the only difference is that Herring’s are in grain calf instead of suede. I would say they are TTS, taking into account that the 026 last is somehow narrow.

Last edited:

ForwardPleats

Reaction score
I was hoping to take my dive into Goodyear-welted Northampton-made English shoes with a trip to Toronto for my birthday last year. Seeing as my birthday is in late March, that did not go as planned and sadly Loake has since discontinued most styles from the 1880 Legacy collection that I had my eye on.

Fortunately, a combination of the shop in Toronto and Loake's online summer sale had the styles I wanted still available and I was able to pull together the collection I wanted at sale prices in one fel swoop! I picked up the Nene Chelsea Boots in black, the Anson loafers in both black and brown, and the Atkin derby in black, which I am wearing today:
PXL_20210805_195929773.jpg

I really love the River and Bullet lasts. Stylish yet classic soft chisel and almond toes. If only I could grab a pair of the Troon in brown suede and I would have all the ones I wanted.

Moda68

Reaction score
Looking to buy first pair of Loake shoes, but not sure of the sizing. What size would I be in a Capital last shoe with a foot length of 28.5cm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads