• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loake have got a sale on at the moment and I am looking at the Birkdale in suede,there is a box for a 'coupon code' how do you get the code ? is it for previous purchases direct from Loake ?
There are some nice shoes in the sale with 30% reduction in price.

tom_s252

Reaction score
Roehampton in Oxblood Grain, brand new in the Brogue Trader sale. I think I'm in love...

Attachments

• PXL_20210114_123029070 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20210114_123029070 - Copy.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 221
  • PXL_20210114_123041024 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20210114_123041024 - Copy.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 234
  • PXL_20210114_123146503.jpg
    PXL_20210114_123146503.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 285
  • PXL_20210114_123159611.jpg
    PXL_20210114_123159611.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 300

giblets

Reaction score
Hi,
anyone know anything about the Loake at NEXT (i.e the high street store), seen a few decent prices, but wondering if they correspond to Loakes main lines? Saw a good offer on their brogue boots which look remarkable like the Bedales?

I had a search, but Next being a very common word it didn't have anything specific.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
anyone know anything about the Loake at NEXT (i.e the high street store), seen a few decent prices, but wondering if they correspond to Loakes main lines? Saw a good offer on their brogue boots which look remarkable like the Bedales?

I had a search, but Next being a very common word it didn't have anything specific.

I was never aware that Next did Loake. I knew they did Sanders.

They do look just like the Bedale. I see they have a brogue shoe which doesn’t look like a standard loake model, looks closer to Trickers in style.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was never aware that Next did Loake. I knew they did Sanders.

They do look just like the Bedale. I see they have a brogue shoe which doesn’t look like a standard loake model, looks closer to Trickers in style.
I thought that they looked like the Burford but with different eyelets.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1611515265015.png

The Loake Burford on the left,the tan boot is the Herring Hawkshead which I think is the Burford made for Herring in grain leather.

DavidWangus

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been lurking on here for a while but never registered until now. I finally brought some burford boots which I've been eyeing up for a while!
Unfortunately though, as previously mentioned in this thread, I'm finding that they are a little narrow. My right foot must be slightly wider than left as my right pinky toe is rubbing against the inside of the boot. I called loake to get some advice as to whether they would loosen up and they advised I should wear them indoors on carpet for a few days to see whether the leather gives.
I've got other shoes in exactly the same size (10 F -loake and grenson) but no issues in terms of pinkie friction :D should I give em time, sweat and possible creams/stretchers or gift/sell them?
They're great looking boots, especially in Burgundy, I'm just really hoping they'll be comfy as I don't think I'll come across a new pair in size 10.5 Burgundy.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, you should “give them time, sweat and possible creams/stretchers” as I did with my Pimlico chukka boots, built on their Capital last, as I had to downsize to 6 UK because 6.5 were too wide and high for my feet. They will certainly stretch and become a comfortable pair.

pedrowheels

Reaction score
I have the e fit Rothschild and had a similar issue. A good quality pair of socks and breaking in was required. Now I can wear them all day long.

DavidWangus

Reaction score
Thank you for your responses. I have been wearing them at home and after a few days they do feel much more comfortable. Just looking forward to getting the opportunity to wearing them out, wherever that is...

Brakebuster

Reaction score
new to the site, but not to Loake shoes, boots and bags , with belts and wallets thrown in as well,

i love the Loake product, and i just cant help myself, lol

recent accusations are a lovely pair of Loake Austerity Brogues,1880 Export Grade
IMG_9772.jpeg

some Getaway travel bags
IMG_9745.jpeg

and some ' odds and sods', lol
IMG_9724.jpeg

IMG_9902D.JPG

BB

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads