• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Browsing the Loake Web page, I found some good news from the brand: they decided to sell and ship directly their products. Even though the only countries served at present are the USA and Canada, more will come shortly. I hope their factory outlet will be included.

I still can get their boots and shoes from some British and European retailers, but many of the new models aren't available. I look forward to shopping directly with Loake although this will mean that some of their traditional retailers are going to lose customers.

Recent update: I received an email from Loake with the good news that International shipping is now available in my country, not only the USA and Canada. I just checked and their prices are in my currency, with free shipping and all duties and taxes included at checkout.

WSB17

Reaction score
I also noticed recently that their seconds store on eBay now ships worldwide including the US and Canada:

There's some nice styles in there, and you get to see actual pictures of the shoes.

Desb4rd

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure that all the Loakeseconds offerings are seconds - a lot of discontinued models in there.

(Endless "Simon" brogues - perfect if you have a hankering for something stiffer than B3 climbing boots.)

The Heat

Reaction score
I was very excited to hear this news, until I checked the prices at the US store...

fred2306

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this forum and after watching many Youtube videos on cobblers and boots I acquired my first pair of Goodyear welted boots, Loake Sebergh.
I have worn them three times now and they do not feel comfortable yet as did all my Timberland shoes but I hope they will be broken in in a couple more days.
The thing I am really disappointed in though is the leather insole started to come off on the edges how can that be? I have tried to glue it down with wood glue, though I cannot accept that this is the way to go.

Attachments

• 56FDC93F-FE2E-47E0-99EE-3144F7100FA6.jpeg
    56FDC93F-FE2E-47E0-99EE-3144F7100FA6.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 63BED937-B643-4C79-98E4-57C5DEC7309E.jpeg
    63BED937-B643-4C79-98E4-57C5DEC7309E.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 202

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this forum and after watching many Youtube videos on cobblers and boots I acquired my first pair of Goodyear welted boots, Loake Sebergh.
I have worn them three times now and they do not feel comfortable yet as did all my Timberland shoes but I hope they will be broken in in a couple more days.
The thing I am really disappointed in though is the leather insole started to come off on the edges how can that be? I have tried to glue it down with wood glue, though I cannot accept that this is the way to go.
I have the same thing on my trickers... according to them, as long as it doesn't come off more than just a bit in the corners, it's fine!

Calanon

Reaction score

Loake leather is pretty stiff. Definitely takes some time.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Hello

My first pair of quality shoes where Loake. They are great shoes and the 1880 range has a very high quality/price ratio.

Eventually they won´t ever be as comfy as Timberlands but maybe is that we are used to trainers / sneakers not traditionally made shoes. And GYW need to be broken in. Maybe if you apply some dubbin of smething with beeswax will help.

In a couple of months you will compare them to your Timberlands and the Timberlands will look as if an elephant have stepped several times on them and your Loakes will be radiant.

Ukzajames

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking at buying this same pair as a cheaper alternative to C&J Conistons. If you have any more pics of you wearing the shoe, please could you upload them? Also, any more info on how you're finding the shoe? Thanks!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My aldwych after 2.5 years. Sold them last month for around 100$. Was an okey shoe, nothing spectacular but my first ever welted shoe. It was harder than I thought to let go :)

View attachment 1492786 View attachment 1492787
My aldwych after 2.5 years. Sold them last month for around 100$. Was an okey shoe, nothing spectacular but my first ever welted shoe. It was harder than I thought to let go :)

View attachment 1492786 View attachment 1492787

I did exactly the same, sold mine for a pair of C&J Connaught.

I did really enjoy the Aldwych and was also sad to see them go.

I don’t regret it though as the Connaught are a better shoe and more comfortable for me.

The Aldwych were a great shoe for the money though, would absolutely recommend them.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello

My first pair of quality shoes where Loake. They are great shoes and the 1880 range has a very high quality/price ratio.

Eventually they won´t ever be as comfy as Timberlands but maybe is that we are used to trainers / sneakers not traditionally made shoes. And GYW need to be broken in. Maybe if you apply some dubbin of smething with beeswax will help.

In a couple of months you will compare them to your Timberlands and the Timberlands will look as if an elephant have stepped several times on them and your Loakes will be radiant.

Agree, they should get better and better with more wear. That is assuming they fit you well.

My personal experience with Timberland was that they were initially very comfortable but after a while they became uncomfortable and caused pain under my heel. Not sure why this was, possibly something had broken down in structure of sole. I tried different insoles but no difference. Ended up giving them to my brother but he’s never worn them yet.

As for the heel sock peeling at edges, I have had this happen on a pair of Trickers. I got a cobbler to glue them back down and never had a problem since. Don’t think it’s a big problem. Wood glue is not the right choice though, need a flexible glue.

fred2306

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for all your comments, find attached some more (poor) pictures of the boots.
I have been wearing them very regularly since I got them to break them in, they are already much more comfortable then they were at the beginning.
Breaking them in reminds me most of an old fashioned pair of work boots.
I like them quite well now because to me they work with any smart casual outfit.
Compared to my other shoes they are very slick inside and my feet do not get as sweaty as in most other pairs.
The sole is very stiff though, but I guess thst’s how it is when they are hard-wearing.
Concerning the heel sock, as I insert shoe trees after wearing them the problem did not exacerbate as it gets pinned down after use, I may bring them to a shoemaker anyway at some point.

4D0C4F6D-C005-4C51-89BB-E44731AC5097.jpeg

18BA60C5-EA9B-4217-9A86-7802FF643849.jpeg
FC24352D-DCA0-4809-8A1A-5506679A6EF1.jpeg
CCFD6235-8509-405D-ACC3-CB584278672A.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads