• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BXpress

Reaction score
I asked you specifically your NIKE size because EU sizes as well as UK and US sizes dont mean anything anymore.
I wear NIKE EU 47 (11.5UK or 12.5US).

Sorry can't tell you anything about Nike sizes.

MrSkeptical

Reaction score
Sorry can't tell you anything about Nike sizes.
Fair enough, but do you know the size of your girth in cm by any chance?
What I see here is very interesting. I spoke with one guy from this forum via DMs who has 28-28.5cm foot and also wears Loake Hyde 10.5. That's how I got to size 11. The only explanation that makes sense here is that the girth sizes are quite different.

BXpress

Reaction score
Fair enough, but do you know the size of your girth in cm by any chance?
What I see here is very interesting. I spoke with one guy from this forum via DMs who has 28-28.5cm foot and also wears Loake Hyde 10.5. That's how I got to size 11. The only explanation that makes sense here is that the girth sizes are quite different.

Maybe. I never measured my girth, because i never had any issues with F fittings. I mostly care about length and instep. But to be honest, UK 10.5 on the Capital last at 28cm foot length seems rather adventurous.

I hope you get the right size.

RedPelican

Reaction score
Hi all,
Newly joined, and as way of salutation I show two photos of the first pair of Loakes I bought.
Banks brogued boots, bought many years ago (10+ ?) with Christmas gift money. Size 8 because I couldn't find 7 1/2 where I live. No longer produced. Roomy but very comfy. Given them a good shine where they were mat at purchase. Not specially waterproof. Have had pads put on soles.

Attachments

• IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 255

Yagub Zamanov

Reaction score
Chatsworth in Green Waxed Suede. UK9.5 and roomy but more comfortable than UK10 Meermin Rui Hiro and Elton lasts.

Does anyone know how to care for waxed suede?

Attachments

• IMG_20200121_110415.jpg
    IMG_20200121_110415.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_20200121_110346~2.jpg
    IMG_20200121_110346~2.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 463

Phalanx

Reaction score
What are people's thoughts regarding the Jockey last vs the 026 last?

I can't quite decide between the Chatsworth or the Herring Coltham (which I believe is actually built by Loake). I already own a Bedale in 12.5 and it fits okay but would really like a pair of chelseas

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts regarding the Jockey last vs the 026 last?

I can't quite decide between the Chatsworth or the Herring Coltham (which I believe is actually built by Loake). I already own a Bedale in 12.5 and it fits okay but would really like a pair of chelseas
I would say that it depends on your feet width and last preferences: Loake Bedale is made on the Pennine last, a "Country" shape that has a wide "G" fit. On the other hand Herring Coltham is built on the 026 Loake last that is narrower, the same last used with their Kempton chukka boots, that I prefer as I have slim feet.

The Jockey last is a little wider than the 026 last, that you might prefer if you have wider feet and are comfortable with the Pennine last.

hellomoto

Reaction score
Hello, ended up getting the Pimlico dark brown in leather. What colour Saphir polish is recommended? Some say the dark brown is very dark.

GAKBO

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I would like to give my Loake Eden away. Preferrably within the EU. All you have to pay for is shipping cost.

Eden Mahogany, 1880 Legacy series. UK 10.5 but wears like an 11, can be worn with extra insole if you're a 10.5.
Small puncture where i hit a loose cobble stone, on the right toe box just above the welt. Barely visible.
I have worn the shoes maybe once or twice a week and in the past 4 months not at all. The shoes look too long on me.

Also, i wore them with extra insoles all the time. So, the original ones are still more or less untouched, apart from stains caused by the extra insole.

Comes with original box, dust bags and a fresh flat pair of waxed shoe laces.

PM me if you are interested.

View attachment 1298491

PS: Not giving away the shoes or any payment info to newly created accounts.
Hi, sorry I can’t send a PM. Just checking if someone took you up on this kind offer?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, ended up getting the Pimlico dark brown in leather. What colour Saphir polish is recommended? Some say the dark brown is very dark.

When I bough my Pimlico "dark brown" I was expecting that colour: dark brown, not the one of the actual model.

ec4f8a9bdbe3d9ca17356d664085b4d8.jpg

After an "incident" with my chukka that I explained here, now they look like the next image, much darker in colour that I personally prefer. Now I use medium and dark brown Saphir cream.

d62ab6abe3a7dd2247eab4b56967b7cd.jpg

With different light:

ca18b8843fd2abb2d0d9a696fac8bab9.jpg

Evergreen88

Reaction score
When I bough my Pimlico "dark brown" I was expecting that colour: dark brown, not the one of the actual model.

ec4f8a9bdbe3d9ca17356d664085b4d8.jpg

After an "incident" with my chukka that I explained here, now they look like the next image, much darker in colour that I personally prefer. Now I use medium and dark brown Saphir cream.

d62ab6abe3a7dd2247eab4b56967b7cd.jpg

With different light:

ca18b8843fd2abb2d0d9a696fac8bab9.jpg

Very nice colour and patina in the last picture. Would you explain how you achieved it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads