• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Evergreen88

Reaction score
Thank you for your comparison.
The anglesey would be better for heavy rain/ light snow.
Is the hyde still a good boot for the winter or shall i go with the anglesey? (im in germany, so no heavy snow just cold and wet weather)
I like the look of the hyde a bit more but i really like the colour of the anglesey.
The hyde would cost me 255€ and the anglesey 279€.

I do wear my Hyde in the rain, but I wouldn't suggest it for heavy rain or snow.

You should probably get both!

Rhazag

Reaction score
I would wear the boots with primarily chinos. I don't have any denims.
I would buy both but i bought this month to much already. the 2 barker shoes and some Black friday deals haha.

Would the hyde be enough for a 10 min walk in the rain? Maybe i buy the anglesey now and the hyde next month..

Evergreen88

Reaction score
I would wear the boots with primarily chinos. I don't have any denims.
I would buy both but i bought this month to much already. the 2 barker shoes and some Black friday deals haha.

Would the hyde be enough for a 10 min walk in the rain? Maybe i buy the anglesey now and the hyde next month..

Yes the Hyde would be enough. I wouldn't use them as my main 'bad weather' choice and I would avoid torrential rain and snow.

vim147

Reaction score
I have a pair of Chesters in tan that i bought some time ago. Inside its labelled as 'Chesters 2'
What does the 2 stand for ?

BXpress

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I would like to give my Loake Eden away. Preferrably within the EU. All you have to pay for is shipping cost.

Eden Mahogany, 1880 Legacy series. UK 10.5 but wears like an 11, can be worn with extra insole if you're a 10.5.
Small puncture where i hit a loose cobble stone, on the right toe box just above the welt. Barely visible.
I have worn the shoes maybe once or twice a week and in the past 4 months not at all. The shoes look too long on me.

Also, i wore them with extra insoles all the time. So, the original ones are still more or less untouched, apart from stains caused by the extra insole.

Comes with original box, dust bags and a fresh flat pair of waxed shoe laces.

PM me if you are interested.

Loakegiveaway.jpg

PS: Not giving away the shoes or any payment info to newly created accounts.

Last edited:

CWV

Reaction score
I have the cannon double monk, and I find capital last to be a bit narrow in the toe box. Although I have experienced similar issues with other shoes, so I might have a slightly wider feet.

MrSkeptical

Reaction score
Hi all, I am lurking to buy Hyde Loake's boots?
My feet are 295mm in length, 108mm wide and girth is 265mm.
Their customer support is atrocious they could not tell me anything.

BXpress

Reaction score
Hi all, I am lurking to buy Hyde Loake's boots?
My feet are 295mm in length, 108mm wide and girth is 265mm.
Their customer support is atrocious they could not tell me anything.

Seen this just now. My feet are just 5mm longer than yours. I have the Hyde in UK 10.5 and length wise they are rather genereous. If you still need some advice i suggest you go for UK 10.

MrSkeptical

Reaction score
Seen this just now. My feet are just 5mm longer than yours. I have the Hyde in UK 10.5 and length wise they are rather genereous. If you still need some advice i suggest you go for UK 10.
Because the shopping cart at the online store I was purchasing bugged out (took the money but hasnt recorded the purchase) I had to go through moneywithdrawal proces that finished yesterday.
Would you say that this custom size chart is accurate?

BXpress

Reaction score
Because the shopping cart at the online store I was purchasing bugged out (took the money but hasnt recorded the purchase) I had to go through moneywithdrawal proces that finished yesterday.
Would you say that this custom size chart is accurate?

Pretty much yes. My feet are even 1.5mm longer than that chart suggests for 10.5 and i still have enough room for ultra thick hunting socks.

MrSkeptical

Reaction score
Pretty much yes. My feet are even 1.5mm longer than that chart suggests for 10.5 and i still have enough room for ultra thick hunting socks.
Can you tell me what NIKE size are you wearing?

BXpress

Reaction score
Can you tell me what NIKE size are you wearing?

If you need to know my sneaker size is at 11Uk/ 46 EU. If this is your first pair of leather shoes then let me tell you that you cannot apply your sports shoe size. You need to size down 0.5 or 1 full size. New leather shoes need to fit snugly. As i told you before, with your measurements UK10 should be best for you. If not you can always return them and choose another size.

If it helps, in terms of length my formula for new leather shoes is this:

No pressure/pain on the toes when i sit or stand, light pressure on the toes when i walk. This is the perfect fit for me, because i know a little bit of breaking in will make them perfect.

MrSkeptical

Reaction score
If you need to know my sneaker size is at 11Uk/ 46 EU. If this is your first pair of leather shoes then let me tell you that you cannot apply your sports shoe size. You need to size down 0.5 or 1 full size. New leather shoes need to fit snugly. As i told you before, with your measurements UK10 should be best for you. If not you can always return them and choose another size.

If it helps, in terms of length my formula for new leather shoes is this:

No pressure/pain on the toes when i sit or stand, light pressure on the toes when i walk. This is the perfect fit for me, because i know a little bit of breaking in will make them perfect.

I asked you specifically your NIKE size because EU sizes as well as UK and US sizes dont mean anything anymore.
I wear NIKE EU 47 (11.5UK or 12.5US).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads