• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
At a local store today - scored this gorgeous pair of Roehamptons on seasonal clearance for $179 USD - MSRP is 290 pounds (Loake calls them oxblood, but in person they really do look more brown...either is fine by me). Loake says: "Our Roehampton boot is carefully made by hand in our Wood Street factory in England":

View attachment 2125659
These are also on the Capital last - a slight chisel toe.

I am wearing these for the first full day today. I'm impressed. Honestly, I always thought of Loake with qualifiers in mind (ie. very good...for the price). At this early stage I'm thinking the qualifiers should be dropped.

These have the exact feel of my more-expensive C&J boots. Uncanny actually...if I was blindfolded, I'd guess I was wearing C&J boots. Heavy, substantial, English-feeling boots. The finishing is outstanding (I am not a cobbler, but I have a good few pairs of expensive boots, and these have nothing to apologize for).

I'm thrilled with these...and the sale price I paid was a flat-out steal.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are also on the Capital last - a slight chisel toe.

I am wearing these for the first full day today. I'm impressed. Honestly, I always thought of Loake with qualifiers in mind (ie. very good...for the price). At this early stage I'm thinking the qualifiers should be dropped.

These have the exact feel of my more-expensive C&J boots. Uncanny actually...if I was blindfolded, I'd guess I was wearing C&J boots. Heavy, substantial, English-feeling boots. The finishing is outstanding (I am not a cobbler, but I have a good few pairs of expensive boots, and these have nothing to apologize for).

I'm thrilled with these...and the sale price I paid was a flat-out steal.

Nice to hear you enjoy your boots. Please share pictures. Loake is a great brand.

Cheers

BlueSteel

Reaction score

bitsofcloth

Reaction score
I have a question about an old Loake line of shoes I'm struggling to find information about.

My friend has given me a pair of Loake shoes called Loake Business. The shoes are black with a Dainite rubber sole and the model is called 200BR. The only shoes I can find like these in the current Loake lineup are the Indian made 200. But the model I have has 'made in England' stamped on the inside. And the 200 models just have a generic rubber sole, not the Dainites.

I'm thinking these are maybe a legacy version of the current Loake Professional range, but I'm really not sure. Any ideas?

Ypuh

Reaction score
I've bought a pair of Roehampton's a couple of months ago, and looking to buy some new Saphir polishes. Currently I only have neutral which is fine as these boots are still practically new.

Loving the quality, style and Victory soles of these boots, but the fit is a bit too roomy where the Loake Buckinghams (same size, same last) fit perfectly comfortable out of the box. The leather is still really hard/tough on these, so hope I just need to walk them in more.

20240502_145951.jpg

20240502_145816.jpg

Would you recommend using a pigmented cream on this? And if so, would you go with either Mahogany or Hermés? I find the Burgundy too dark.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought a pair of Roehampton's a couple of months ago, and looking to buy some new Saphir polishes. Currently I only have neutral which is fine as these boots are still practically new.

Loving the quality, style and Victory soles of these boots, but the fit is a bit too roomy where the Loake Buckinghams (same size, same last) fit perfectly comfortable out of the box. The leather is still really hard/tough on these, so hope I just need to walk them in more.

View attachment 2200611
View attachment 2200613

Would you recommend using a pigmented cream on this? And if so, would you go with either Mahogany or Hermés? I find the Burgundy too dark.

Personally, I only use conditioner and neutral polish on majority of my footwear. I like the patina look. Just my opinion.

Also, matching colours dead on, is nearly impossible.

Swampster

Reaction score
I have some of the Loake cedar/conker cream, which is also made by Saphir. It matches the lighter colours of your boots which I guess is oxblood.
If you find you need to restore some of the patina, the darker colours like burgundy help to enhance the pebble grain.

Ypuh

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I already rubbed most of the factory patina off using Renovateur.

I'll stick to neutral for now. The pebble grain hides a lot anyway, and haven't needed pigment for my other shoes yet either. Neutral and black have been good enough in taking care of my shoe collection so far.

Pascal1980

Reaction score
Dear shoe enthusiats,

I am looking for a burgundy Oxford and found the Loake 1880 classic "Strand". Oh is the fit, tight or wide with a rather normal, low-volume or spacious last? How is the quality of the leather? hard or soft?

I do not own any Loake shoes yet.

Best regards

Pascal

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members