• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LOAKE APPRECIATION THREAD

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
I hope you don't get indigo stains all over them!
I was thinking about that but I have decided to not pamper my shoes.

...and to fix stains and blemishes in my shoes I have started an exhaustive cleaning routine.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about that but I have decided to not pamper my shoes.

...and to fix stains and blemishes in my shoes I have started an exhaustive cleaning routine.
I’ve got a fresh pair of selvedge jeans and have been avoiding all of my lighter footwear with them at the moment.

Phalanx

Reaction score
My Loake Chatsworth after about 9 months; fantastic boots!
IMG_20210301_141506.jpg

Mercurio

Reaction score
I downsized from my Kempton’s 6.5UK to 6 UK with my Chatsworth for an adequate fit.
I went TTS with these. I'm a 14 on a brannock device, and these are 13 UK.
It doesn't exist one accurate advice on boots sizing as it depends on how your feet adapt to their last: my feet are slender, with a low volume and instep so I prefer to downsize with a wide last such as the Jockey, just as Loake recommends. If your feet are somehow wide and with a high instep, you shouldn't downsize. Each of us expresses our own experience that can be different from others.

"Jockey is a G width last which will suit customers with wider feet. The fit is generous both at the toe and generally. The toe shape is rounded and of standard length. Customers who would normally purchase F width styles may wish to select a half size smaller with this last shape."

Panama

Reaction score
I have a few Loakes. Great value for money.

20200105_123136.jpg

Last edited:

Phalanx

Reaction score
It doesn't exist one accurate advice on boots sizing as it depends on how your feet adapt to their last: my feet are slender, with a low volume and instep so I prefer to downsize with a wide last such as the Jockey, just as Loake recommends. If your feet are somehow wide and with a high instep, you shouldn't downsize. Each of us expresses our own experience that can be different from others.

"Jockey is a G width last which will suit customers with wider feet. The fit is generous both at the toe and generally. The toe shape is rounded and of standard length. Customers who would normally purchase F width styles may wish to select a half size smaller with this last shape."

Yeah very true. I think if someone fit into F width shoes then they should definitely consider going down a half size on the Jockey last whereas I have duck-like feet so find Loake's G width offerings to accommodate me much better.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 71 33.8%