• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LOAKE APPRECIATION THREAD

Webbo

Reaction score
Just got back a factory refurb on my 10 year old Loake Hexham chukkas. They are my beater boots and where looking pretty rough (sorry no before photos). Originally on dainite I went for the double leather sole this time. £90 and 5 weeks. the results are spectacular, like a new pair but broken in. Box, spare pair laces, shoe bags. Top effort from Loake, well done.
IMG_0397.JPG
IMG_3446.JPG
IMG_5263.JPG

Meyboom

Reaction score
Just got back a factory refurb on my 10 year old Loake Hexham chukkas. They are my beater boots and where looking pretty rough (sorry no before photos). Originally on dainite I went for the double leather sole this time. £90 and 5 weeks. the results are spectacular, like a new pair but broken in. Box, spare pair laces, shoe bags. Top effort from Loake, well done.
View attachment 1451453View attachment 1451454View attachment 1451455
They look better than new indeed! And how tradtional to go for double leather...

Mercurio

Reaction score
Just arrived: they took one full week instead of the usual three day delivery by DHL: new and longer route, due to COVID 19.

Herring's Loake CHATSWORTH, black suede.

Last edited:

Mercurio

Reaction score
Box fresh Lythams. The Bullet last does seem to fit my feet well, and the Legacy range seems great, in my experience.
Nice pair of chukkas, how would you compare the "Bullet" last to other Loake last?

BXpress

Reaction score
Did you have a particular Loake last in mind, or just a general comparison?

I have shoes on 024, Bullet, Capital, Jockey, Ridge and River lasts, if you want a direct comparison.

Better light now...
View attachment 1464347
A comparison with the River last would be quite useful. My experience with it was that a 10.5 on River is like an 11 on Capital.

Mercurio

Reaction score
Did you have a particular Loake last in mind, or just a general comparison?

I have shoes on 024, Bullet, Capital, Jockey, Ridge and River lasts, if you want a direct comparison.

Better light now...
View attachment 1464347
As I own the Pimlico and Kempton chukka boots as well as the Chatsworth Chelsea, I would like to know how the Bullet last compare to the Capital, 026 and Jockey last but a general comparison would be great.

My feet are slim, with a low instep. I wear 6 UK with the Jockey, 6.5 UK with the 026 and both sizes with the Capital which is a difficult last for my low volume feet: snug at the beginning with the former, I need an insole and thick socks with the latter.

I would like to know which size would be my best bet with the Bullet last..

The Seeker

Reaction score
I would like to know which size would be my best bet with the Bullet last..
Hi Mercurio. Below is a side by side between the Lytham (Bullet) and Chatsworth (Jockey). I have the Lytham in 10 and the Chatsworth in 9.5. I would say that the Bullet feels a wafer wider in the toe box, but that the Jockey is higher (More toe wriggle room). For a low volume foot, I think the Bullet would be ideal. In terms of the rest of the foot, they are very similar In comfort, accepting that laces given you some margin to tighten/loosen as necessary. I could have gone with a size 10 in the Chatsworth, but prefer a tight fit on Day 1 to allow for wear, so went down 0.5 size, but it was close. All other lasts are size 10, so I would suspect that 6 would be your ideal. The only fly in the ointment is that I briefly had the Anson (Bullet) which was a lovely shoe, but as a loafer, and therefore, with a thinner sock, the 9.5 was the ideal fit for me - 10 was definitely too big. Just something to consider, in addition.
Also attached is a side by side between the Lytham and the Anglesey (Capital). They feel very similar in truth, with the bend/crease point being slightly more forward on the Lytham.
A4BFFA01-244C-4D89-B0A2-3E179A901BA4.jpeg
11E1EF59-0FDE-451C-A8A0-D9C060499AED.jpeg

MaE

Reaction score
79E5E8BA-46EF-4C0B-B11C-FF27DE6F3CE7.jpeg

I bought these in the summer while visiting Edinburgh. This is my first pair of suede loafers and I have to admit that they are very nice and versatile!

Mercurio

Reaction score
Hi Mercurio. Below is a side by side between the Lytham (Bullet) and Chatsworth (Jockey). I have the Lytham in 10 and the Chatsworth in 9.5. I would say that the Bullet feels a wafer wider in the toe box, but that the Jockey is higher (More toe wriggle room). For a low volume foot, I think the Bullet would be ideal. In terms of the rest of the foot, they are very similar In comfort, accepting that laces given you some margin to tighten/loosen as necessary. I could have gone with a size 10 in the Chatsworth, but prefer a tight fit on Day 1 to allow for wear, so went down 0.5 size, but it was close. All other lasts are size 10, so I would suspect that 6 would be your ideal. The only fly in the ointment is that I briefly had the Anson (Bullet) which was a lovely shoe, but as a loafer, and therefore, with a thinner sock, the 9.5 was the ideal fit for me - 10 was definitely too big. Just something to consider, in addition.
Also attached is a side by side between the Lytham and the Anglesey (Capital). They feel very similar in truth, with the bend/crease point being slightly more forward on the Lytham.View attachment 1464530View attachment 1464531
Thank you very much for your exhaustive comparison and advice, I certainly will take it on account.

Are they more than last differences between the Lytham and your other Loake models, as they belong to the 1880 “Legacy” line, which is supposed to be of a higher standard than the previous? Better finishing and leather quality?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's