• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LOAKE APPRECIATION THREAD

BXpress

Reaction score
I asked you specifically your NIKE size because EU sizes as well as UK and US sizes dont mean anything anymore.
I wear NIKE EU 47 (11.5UK or 12.5US).
Sorry can't tell you anything about Nike sizes.

MrSkeptical

Reaction score
Sorry can't tell you anything about Nike sizes.
Fair enough, but do you know the size of your girth in cm by any chance?
What I see here is very interesting. I spoke with one guy from this forum via DMs who has 28-28.5cm foot and also wears Loake Hyde 10.5. That's how I got to size 11. The only explanation that makes sense here is that the girth sizes are quite different.

BXpress

Reaction score
Fair enough, but do you know the size of your girth in cm by any chance?
What I see here is very interesting. I spoke with one guy from this forum via DMs who has 28-28.5cm foot and also wears Loake Hyde 10.5. That's how I got to size 11. The only explanation that makes sense here is that the girth sizes are quite different.
Maybe. I never measured my girth, because i never had any issues with F fittings. I mostly care about length and instep. But to be honest, UK 10.5 on the Capital last at 28cm foot length seems rather adventurous.

I hope you get the right size.

RedPelican

Reaction score
Hi all,
Newly joined, and as way of salutation I show two photos of the first pair of Loakes I bought.
Banks brogued boots, bought many years ago (10+ ?) with Christmas gift money. Size 8 because I couldn't find 7 1/2 where I live. No longer produced. Roomy but very comfy. Given them a good shine where they were mat at purchase. Not specially waterproof. Have had pads put on soles.

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%