• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LOAKE APPRECIATION THREAD

Jan Capek

Reaction score
Not really summery, but this is one of my most used pair View attachment 1209485

Very happy with the legacy line, in fact I was thinking at the wensum (the monks) in conker calf. Does anyone have it?
This past month I was looking just for the type of shoes you mention, and tried my luck in a local Loake shop. I never had shoes from them, but when I saw these guys (Hanover Onyx, Export Grade) at 50% off, I could not leave them there. Eh voila, my first Loakes. Not bad at all.
IMG-1174.JPG

Last edited:

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
This past month I was looking just for the type of shoes you mention, and tried my luck in a local Loake shop. I never had shoes from them, but when I saw these guys (Hanover Onyx, Export Grade) at 50% off, I could not leave them there. Eh voila, my first Loakes. Not bad at all.View attachment 1209491
Really nice, can you share more pictures? Thank you

Jan Capek

Reaction score
Thanks Juan. The problem is that I am the worst person to "style" an item and take meaningful pictures of it. I did my best. The shoes have an open channel, a pleasant last (subjective, of course), and newly come with a leather-board stiffener. They were a good price (180 EUR equiv.), but I had to buy shoe-trees separately, which might be atypical. (I heard, though cannot corroborate, that elsewhere in Europe you get free trees with a new pair of shoes.)
EDIT: I haven't polished them yet, and see from the images that I should have wiped them first. Oh well.
EDIT 2: I added comparably priced (unless FS2) shoes from Allen Edmonds.

Attachments

Last edited:

sid11111

Reaction score
Thanks Juan. The problem is that I am the worst person to "style" an item and take meaningful pictures of it. I did my best. The shoes have an open channel, a pleasant last (subjective, of course), and newly come with a leather-board stiffener. They were a good price (180 EUR equiv.), but I had to buy shoe-trees separately, which might be atypical. (I heard, though cannot corroborate, that elsewhere in Europe you get free trees with a new pair of shoes.)
EDIT: I haven't polished them yet, and see from the images that I should have wiped them first. Oh well.
Those look like pretty good pictures to me!

wdrenth

Reaction score
... but I had to buy shoe-trees separately, which might be atypical. (I heard, though cannot corroborate, that elsewhere in Europe you get free trees with a new pair of shoes.)
It is highly dependent on the retailer. Some (most?) toss in some shoe care stuff (can of cream, a brush), but I never had the luck of getting shoe trees. What I do read, however, is that free shoe trees not provided for sale items (though there are possibly exceptions to the rule).

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
Thank you very much, enjoy your shoes! I like Loake and believe that you recieve a lor for your money with Loake.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.