• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cranster63

Reaction score
"Online Retailers No Longer Able to Order Loake 2nd January 2019
I saw this too and wondered why. Loake must be demanding terms which are not suitable or profitable enough for the retailer. Shame but, oh well, there are plenty of other shoe makers out there.

Jtchapman

Reaction score
I'm contemplating a pair of loake 1880 legacy split toes, they'd be the most expensive shoes I've bought at £240 as I'm on a slim budget, I was wondering if the legacy range was noticeably better than meermin classic? Its certainly a big jump in price.

cranster63

Reaction score
"Disappointed to see that the suede anglesey appears to be discontinued and they’ve removed the outer eyelets on the leather version!"

Oh yes, agree totally, why would they even do that.

RKILLY67

Reaction score
"Disappointed to see that the suede anglesey appears to be discontinued and they’ve removed the outer eyelets on the leather version!"

Loved the loake Anglesey in all its forms, bought my Bro a pair last year for close to 100 pounds in a sale and after seeing it in person I think it's deep tones of brown and burgandy colour it is nicer than many of my more expensive purchases to my collection. Unfortunately he hasnt quite realised what a nice boot he has and continues to use his cheap craap base london etc chelsea boots and can't understand break in period for a more quality brand

Knox Harrington

Reaction score

I bought a pair from the loake shop just before christmas that have the outer eyelets.

I absolutely love them. Oxblood is the perfect colour and a I like the hint of moccasin about the apron front. Certain they will polish up superbly after a year or so!

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
Anyone with some information regarding online vendors and Loake? It seems like a strange move, unless Loake want to remove all lines except their more premium once and completely re-invent their brand.

This would be strange as Loake has always been a good - cheap - alternative to e.g. Crockett and Jones (again C&J is significantly ahead in terms of quality IMO.)

CWV

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a problem with a pair of Loake.
I bought a Cannon 8UK and they don’t seem to fit me quite well. When I step the seem to be a bit too narrow maybe, and the left heel sometimes feels a bit unconfiable. In the store they did not have a 8,5 or a wither model, apparently they don’t make. The issue seems to worsen when walking outside.
I’m not sure what to do. I don’t know if it is a sizing problem, a last problem, or if it is am
Loake issue. I have thought of sending the to stretch a bit, but I’m afraid it Coulter Jin the shoe shape or structure. I have also tried to break the, in, and have wore them like 10 times.

I have a cheap Floresheim US 9 D that is perfectly comftable (thou it has a padded foot bed, the the Cannon only has a slight padding in the heel), and also a Peal and Co 9US boot that seems to fit ok (though I haven’t wore it outside yet).

What do you recommend me to do?

The Heat

Reaction score
I've never seen a brand do so much to make it difficult to buy their product. They're either geniuses or morons.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Hi all. I have a problem with a pair of Loake.
I bought a Cannon 8UK and they don’t seem to fit me quite well. When I step the seem to be a bit too narrow maybe, and the left heel sometimes feels a bit unconfiable. In the store they did not have a 8,5 or a wither model, apparently they don’t make. The issue seems to worsen when walking outside.
I’m not sure what to do. I don’t know if it is a sizing problem, a last problem, or if it is am
Loake issue. I have thought of sending the to stretch a bit, but I’m afraid it Coulter Jin the shoe shape or structure. I have also tried to break the, in, and have wore them like 10 times.

I have a cheap Floresheim US 9 D that is perfectly comftable (thou it has a padded foot bed, the the Cannon only has a slight padding in the heel), and also a Peal and Co 9US boot that seems to fit ok (though I haven’t wore it outside yet).

What do you recommend me to do?

Be patient and wear them from time to time. I have a pair of Loake Royals :
lee101Z_opt (1).jpg

They probably were the harder shoes to break-in i ever had. Built like a Sherman Tank. Now they are comfy though. And they look good !

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loved the loake Anglesey in all its forms, bought my Bro a pair last year for close to 100 pounds in a sale and after seeing it in person I think it's deep tones of brown and burgandy colour it is nicer than many of my more expensive purchases to my collection. Unfortunately he hasnt quite realised what a nice boot he has and continues to use his cheap craap base london etc chelsea boots and can't understand break in period for a more quality brand

Sounds an all too familiar story! So frustrating

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with some information regarding online vendors and Loake? It seems like a strange move, unless Loake want to remove all lines except their more premium once and completely re-invent their brand.

This would be strange as Loake has always been a good - cheap - alternative to e.g. Crockett and Jones (again C&J is significantly ahead in terms of quality IMO.)

I would have thought Loake have a good market undercutting the likes of C&J, Cheaney and Trickers. Loake are at a price point where non “shoe people” may stretch a little for something a bit nicer than glued rubbish.

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
It appears that both the eBay 'seconds' stores have been shut down as well. Am I to take it that it is no longer possible to acquire Loake seconds?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads