• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BillP

Reaction score

Burgundy Loake Strands just arrived from Herring Shoes.
Straight out of the box.

My wife had bought me a pair of Herring Shakespeare double monks for Christmas, but they were a half size large so had to go back. Couldn't decide whether to exchange for the Strands or Herrings own Richmond brogues in burgundy.
Though I went for the Strands in the end, the Richmonds will remain on my wish list.

Very nice! I have a pair on their way.

dohare

Reaction score
this pictures of the Savoy shows the Mahogany in the background, black in the middle and I guess the same brown as my Strand in the front

that front color is gorgeous, i cant find that color anywhere online. Being in the US, it seems very perplexing to me where to find the definitive sight to buy Loake, because they have a UK site, a US site with much higher prices it seems, and then I see random hughe discount sites as well?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of people buy from Pediwear I think. I've heard they have excellent customer service.

Does anyone take half a size up in the 026 last? I found it felt a little short when I went down a full size from my US shoe size, but I wonder if it would be too big in other dimension if I sized up.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A lot of people buy from Pediwear I think. I've heard they have excellent customer service.

Does anyone take half a size up in the 026 last? I found it felt a little short when I went down a full size from my US shoe size, but I wonder if it would be too big in other dimension if I sized up.

Yes, I wear Size 8 in the capital (perfect fit) and 8,5 in the 026, the lenght it's almost the same.

026 Kempton in 8,5 fits very nice
026 C. Tyrwhitt cap toe boots in 8,5 fit loose with dress socks, perfect with thick country socks.

Never tried a size 8 in the 026 but I think it would have been too tight.

Last edited:

Claus

Reaction score

haven't heard much talk about the Heston, i wear an 11 typically, any sizing issues I should be aware of?

You may want to specify what you mean by "11": UK? US? Brands other than Loake?

Anyway, the Heston is made on the Claridge last. Concerning sizing, the last seems to be comparable to other Loake lasts such as Capital or Mayfair – at least, according to ratings at Sizeadvisors.

Hope this helps.

M McB

Reaction score
Was browsing online for Loake shoes and came across this thread, where does everyone recommend buying their Loakes online?

DayTripper

Reaction score
Herring Shoes and Pediwear are both good. I've dealt with Herring several times and their customer service is excellent.

Nathan84

Reaction score
There is some difference between them in pricing. In case of Pediwear, after very first purchase of Loake they automatically add you to their Loake members club. You will receive 15% discount (concurrently with VAT exclude in case you placing an order outside EU ) on every further Loake (!) purchase. However there is huge difference between them in shipping time. HerringShoes deliver (in my case to Israel) shoes during 4-5 day maximum, while to Pediwear it takes almost three weeks.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Pediwear uses parcel force, which takes 4 to 5 days. If your shoes is not in stock, they will order them for you, that will be longer depending on various factors.

They also use UPS which can result in customs/duty plus brokerage.
I've been told that you can request they use Parcel Force.

BillP

Reaction score

They also use UPS which can result in customs/duty plus brokerage.
I've been told that you can request they use Parcel Force.

I also ordered from Pediwear. It took a week to receive the shoes from the factory. They were shipped by Royal Air Mail on Jan 17. I'll let you know when they arrive.

I've been very happy with their service though.

M McB

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I'll let you know how I get on.

Expat Simon

Reaction score
Another vote for Herring Shoes, can't say a bad word about my experiences with them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics