LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wurger, Jul 8, 2013.

1. jobojolo

jobojolo Member

hi ringtail, i have a pair of the alex from cj. the alex is made on last 348. i also have a pair of the pimlico which is made on loake's capital last. i wear uk 10 in the alex and uk 9.5 in the pimlico. pimlico is nice fit with no significant extra space in the toe. alex is a bit elongated but i have to size up by an half inch to allow for wider width. hope this helps.:D

2. jobojolo

jobojolo Member

hi again, i dont have any of loake shoes on the duke last. but i once tried on their rothschild the captoes made on the duke last and i found not much different from my loake rugby (now i guess re-named to the cavendish with exact look and same E fitting and narrow sleek last). i wear uk 10 in both the rugby and the alex. since i found no significant difference between my rugby and the rotschild i tried on in the shop, i would say i would take uk 10 in the duke last. hope this helps too. :D

3. jobojolo

jobojolo Member

stephenb thank you for the information. i'm tempted but i think i'll go for the heston. :D

4. StephenB

StephenB Senior member

Yea I kept going back and forth between the Buckingham, Heston and Savoy over and over

5. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Senior member

Already done at reply 253. I do not think the claridge last is that new, or at least it was there before the Duke

6. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

You think half a size down? That seems like it would be large. Any other experiences, anyone?

7. jobojolo

jobojolo Member

i tried on the savoy, wow i must say the mayfair last is really tricky. i'm used to their capital last but with the mayfair i had to size up by 1 notch to get a comfortable fit. but then the shoes now looked so elongated on me. definitely the heston.

8. StephenB

StephenB Senior member

Thats interesting, from what I've read most people size down a half size from the Capital last to Mayfair.

I got a 8 UK in the Savoy and a 8.5 in the Strands. They shipped otday so I'll report back with my findings next week :/

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013

9. jobojolo

jobojolo Member

yup i found it funny too with my experience. in my usual size, i struggled to get my foot inside the savoy! it's just the middle part was too tight.

anyway i picked up a pair of the temple, the tassel loafers. the last name is loafer last. i sized up by an half from my capital last size. the loafer last is quite snugly and shorter too than the capital last in the same size. the temple is going to be the most classic shoes in my collection :D

10. jobojolo

jobojolo Member

anybody knows which online retailer is still selling the westminster the split toed double sole shoes? this is from their shoemaker line. i dont see it on their official website anymore, must have been discontinued. pediwear and herring also no longer carry it.

11. jobojolo

jobojolo Member

my new temples...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013

12. jobojolo

jobojolo Member

the aldwych, cj audley and cheaney buckingham...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013

13. jobojolo

jobojolo Member

my black calf knightsbridge...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. wurger

wurger Senior member

Nice collection, will last you many years!

For black shoes especially, really need good lighting for photos though.

15. ajain05

ajain05 Active Member

Hi, I remember hearing that some of Charles Tyrwhitt shoes are made by Loake. I was looking at the Trinity Chukka on their website and was wondering if anyone could confirm whether they are Loake? Thanks for your help!