1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wurger, Jul 8, 2013.

1. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

I've never found anything before either so I grabbed them quickly! I look for things like tootal scarves but never spot one. They always say go to charity shops where the rich live tho eh! Harrogate must be teeming with hand me down Lobbs, must drive up there. Hope you nab your pair! :)

Quick shot of new to me cheapest ever pair of gy welt clogs, I cut the lawn wearing them, swept out the shed and the dirt just wiped right off :)

[​IMG]

on another note and back on topic, I had a go at the toes of the Chesters today. I must stop this ...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

Yep, very pleased with them. They'll do nicely at that. :)

3. vim147

vim147 Active Member

Which polish/wax do you use on the Chesters ? i need to do mine.

4. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

Neutral Saphir pate de luxe and water.

5. Munky

Munky Senior member

Muddy, you certainly know a thing or two about polishing shoes! Those are wonderful! Yours, Munky. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

Thanks Munky, only picked this up over the last few months thru practice and trial and error but now I understand what's happening while I look at the wax going on and what to do to react to it and make it glaze properly. I wasn't using enough wax previously and way too little water. Wax on over a little water and then quite a lot of water with a very little wax and a light fast action does the trick. Once you see the grain filled you've cracked it. Then you can just sit there zen like and build up depth until it looks like glass. It's too much really but while I'm getting the hang of it I'll polish the hell out of of them :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Munky

Munky Senior member

I think I might just give this a try! Sincerely, Munky

muddy250 likes this.
  8. thomms

thomms New Member

Hi
    I ordered bosworth at herring..
    Any feedback on this boots?

9. ShooIn

ShooIn Active Member

Good solid choice of boots that will serve you well I'm sure. I've been very happy with the quality of my pair of Loake Wolf, which are similar from the 1880 line, but fur-lined.

10. ShooIn

ShooIn Active Member

Advance viewing of the 1880 Exclusive line available from the Autumn apparently. Photos credit to The Brogue Trader...

Loake Exclusive 1.jpg Loake Exclusive 2.jpg Loake Exclusive 3.jpg Loake Exclusive 4.jpg

muddy250 likes this.
  11. Alexandru

Alexandru Active Member

Can anyone tell me how does Loake's 025 last compare to the Capital? I'm set on buying a pair of Whitehall loafers and I'm not certain about what size to order.