1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wurger, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Carl1955

Carl1955 Senior member

Hi Betelgeuse

I have the Burford in Black
    [​IMG]
    Good quality Boot that should last & last (no pun intended!!)
    Tend to only use them for work or poor weather in winter, not very stylish as the 024 last is a bit wide for that.
    Bought them from Debenhams in the 40% sale, £235 down to £141 part of their 1880 range so a bargain at that price, prefer them in Tan but needed Black for work.

Carl.

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Thanks Carl! They look great! I have my doubts about the last, cause ate the end it's an F width. I tried the Chester in 9 UK. And felt it tight against my pinky toe.

3. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

They stretch easily enough if a little tight. I usually need to use stretchers to make shoes fit.
    Very wide feet.

4. Webbo

Webbo Senior member

I find the 024 last "challenging". I have wide feet and the 024 does feel tight on my little toe too. Somehow I don't feel it is a wide last for my feet. The taper to the toe and a relatively low toe box combine to make this a last I would definitely be more comfortable with a G width, which sadly I cannot find in the Chester. I have had limited success stretching this area too, the wingtip design makes it less "adjustable" than a plain derby. A pity as I love the Chester's looks.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  5. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

I agree, they are considered wide but I don't find that to be the case for my feet. As a result I only have this one pair on the 024 and it did take a lot of work to get them right. However, they are now among the most comfortable shoes I have so it was worth the effort. For info I am a size 7 in length and a size 9 in width (UK) so you can see I have issues with most shoes. The Chester is Loakes biggest seller and I fail to see why they can't offer a G fit.

6. Munky

Munky Senior member

Hi Carl. Those look great - and I wouldn't mind a pair! I have them in Burgundy. They are very comfortable and a beautiful colour. One idiosyncrasy that I don't quite understand is that I have to wear insoles in the Chesters and Burfords but not in any other shoes or boots. It may well be to do with the wider last. Very best wishes, Munky.

7. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I definitely don't have a wide feet. Here's a pics of the inside of the Gladstone (9 UK G widht), I have plenty of space hehe. I spoiler it in case you don't want to see it.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I can't try it anymore since they are out of stock but I really liked them so I will get them hehe somewhere else. The lenght of my feet is 281 mm

1 person likes this.
  8. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  9. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

Hydes out and about in the sleety weather today

[​IMG]
    x post

3 people like this.
  10. vim147

vim147 Active Member

Am looking to buy the chesters but they are being described as 'Chester 2'.

Is there a Chester 1 and what is the difference ?

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

They do look amazing. I saw them in Instagram and wanted them!
    Fantastic muddy, fantastic!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  12. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

Quote:Too bad that the size selection is very limited. Apparently you can find them in both the sales and standard sections.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  13. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

Thanks B :)

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Quote:

Too bad that the size selection is very limited. Apparently you can find them in both the sales and standard sections.

My size in this model is out of stock. :( [​IMG] Too bad they are at a good price. How is the sizing in the 026 last?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  15. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

16. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

17. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

I tried some Kemptons on the 026 last about 10 years ago and I found them to be short and wide. Didn't work for me. Pimlico does work for me (slightly longer, same width as 026).

I don't know if they changed the 026 last in the meantime.

18. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

I'm wearing my Herring Gosforth II today which is on the 026 last (their version of the Kempton). I find it TTS (maybe a tad short) and wear a UK7.5F. As a point of reference, I'm a UK7E for C&J Coniston, Islay and Cardigan 4 and US8D for Alden Barrie last. Hope this helps. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Quote:
    Quote:I'm wearing my Herring Gosforth II today which is on the 026 last (their version of the Kempton). I find it TTS (maybe a tad short) and wear a UK7.5F. As a point of reference, I'm a UK7E for C&J Coniston, Islay and Cardigan 4 and US8D for Alden Barrie last. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

Great looking boots mate! So, I should go with my regular size 9.5 UK? Quick question about the 024 last... is it something similar to what Red Wing say about their lasts? To pick half a size less? I don't find Red Wing 8 Last wide, I think it's pretty normal but I did went with half a size less.

20. PParker ESQ

PParker ESQ Well-Known Member

The 2 is really for production purposes and simply refers to the fact that the Chester was slightly redesigned. This was years and years ago so all Chester's in production now are Chester 2.