1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wurger, Jul 8, 2013.

1. hindi ako

hindi ako Active Member

Anyone own a pair of Loake Chester? I'm in the market for a pair tan brogues and deciding between Grenson Archie and Loake Chester, it is true to go a full size down for loake? Thank you!

2. Carl1955

Carl1955 Senior member

Hi hindo ako

I own a pair of Grenson's Archie in Burgundy on a commando sole, I don't own a pair of Loake 1880 Chester's but do own a pair of Loake 1880 Burford's which are on the same last.

I'm a UK size 9 in both shoes, the Loakes being a slightly tighter fit width wise as the Gensons are a "G" fit.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. Munky

Munky Senior member

I have a pair of Chester's and a pair of Burford's (which are made on the same last). Oddly enough, I had to take a half size up.

4. goatandtricycle

goatandtricycle Well-Known Member

Right, so an update on my factory repair.
    I complained by email last week, Thursday lunchtime. I had no response so I called yesterday Tuesday morning and it's now 24hrs later and still no response to either my call or email.
    Pretty poor customer service and it's starting to really affect the way I think of Loake [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. goatandtricycle

Further update; they contacted me at lunch time today and have offered me a replacement pair.
    They have turned what was starting to become a very negative experience in to a positive one!
    Going a few steps further than they needed to, with my particular circumstance, I'm now very happy.

1 person likes this.
  6. atia2

atia2 Senior member

Is replacement desirable? I thought these had sentimental value to you.

1 person likes this.
  7. goatandtricycle

They do have great sentimental value, read between the lines and it will make sense.

8. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Active Member

Finally arrived from Pediwear. Hyde boots.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. abadlot

abadlot Member

My mahogany Strands from robinshonsshoes.com arrived yesterday...
    They are really a versatile pair of shoes...and they have a nice brown color...(but hard to match it with my existing brown belts, I need a mahogany one)
    Sorry no pictures yet, promise to post in a day or two.
    May I ask if I need to polish them with Saphir M├ędaille d'Or Renovateur before use it? (I already have this product)

1 person likes this.
  10. Carl1955

Carl1955 Senior member

This may help

https://www.hangerproject.co.uk/sho...71ak7f4tn6qeb0p22nb9akd87&___store=uk_default

Carl.

1 person likes this.
  11. Munky

Munky Senior member

Whether or not to do anything to new shoes, before you wear them, is controversial. Some support the idea of a complex conditioning/cleaning routine (see Carl's pointer to a example). Others suggest just wearing them I tend to favour the latter. A good brushing is all I give them. It's a case of 'some do and some don't'! It probably isn't a critical issue.

1 person likes this.
  12. abadlot

abadlot Member

Here are Strand's pictures as promised ;)
    The color is accurate...close to reality (and it is veryyy nice!!!!).
    I think that there is a subtle difference between each shoe...
    This is after 6 hours of wearing. Are these crumples normal???? I'm worrying...
    Size is definately correct for my feet...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. atia2

atia2 Senior member

Nice horizontal creases confined to the front of the vamp indicates a well fitting shoe. Congratulations. Now put some trees in.

1 person likes this.
  14. Highlands

Highlands Member

+1

Really stretch them out.

15. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

1 person likes this.
  16. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

17. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

There's always a catch.

I'm intrigued though why Loake do all these MTOs for the Swedish market, and seem to release new models or variations of existing shoes there first.

18. PParker ESQ

PParker ESQ Well-Known Member

I think you have it a little mixed up, MTO'S are the choice of the retailer. So this website would have specifically asked Loake to make these styles for them, not that Loake have decided to make some exclusive models and then sell them to the Swedish Market only.

19. BingoLiddle

BingoLiddle Well-Known Member

I seem to remember reading that Sweden is Loake's biggest market outside the UK. They have a serious local presence that works closely and actively with a number of retailers here on MTO models. Their Instagram account is often the first place to see these - check out loakesverige.

Here's a pic of a couple of great new models available through a Stockholm Cobbler:
    [​IMG]

20. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

Thanks.
    There is also Loake's own Swedish site, and it's blog, where they feature a lot of new shoes and MTO versions too.

http://www.loake.se/blogg