1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Loake 1880 Shoe Sizing Help

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by apple3210, Aug 24, 2011.

1. apple3210

apple3210 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

looking at buying some loake 1880 shoes for work. Problem is, where i live doesn't have a store that sells them, so i can't try them on for size.

To give you an idea, i'm a 10.5 in Nike. I know sneakers usually have bigger sizes than dress shoes, so i'm kinda stuck on what to get. If it helps, i'm also a an 8.5 in Tod's loafers.

Thanks

2. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I'm a US10 and (therefore) a UK 9, and my Loake Kemptons in Sz 9 fit perfectly. I've also got a pair of Strands in 8.5 and they're wearable but tight. I assume a 9 would fit but it is a narrow last.

So for me they are true to size, though I would counsel caution with the Mayfair last.

3. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

I have UK 8 of Tod's Loafers and UK 8.5 F of Loake last 026
    And I wear US 10 of Nike running shoes (If this counts)

Go for UK 9

Regards

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  4. apple3210

apple3210 Well-Known Member

cheers for the replies.

any recommendations on what style to get? worried that the photos they use give a false impression of what they really look like. Have seen some photos in the for sale threads and sometimes they look quite different :S

5. The Upright Man

The Upright Man Senior member

How did you find the fit through the uppers? I likewise purchased a pair of Loake Strands and found the width/length perfect but the height in the vamp a bit big. I'm thinking about getting an insert to solve this problem though.

apple3210, you could always email the distributor and ask for a photo if you're worried about the internet pics not being an accurate representation. I've done it before from pediwear and they happily complied.