1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Loafers without socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shoejohn, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

2. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I usually wear loafers without socks but mostly with pants. If I'm wearing loafers with shorts, it's often more casual loafers or drivers. But I've worn Allen Edmonds Westchesters with socks, no socks, pants, shorts, etc.

3. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    I have never found a way to make loafers look anything but dorky/geriatric/effeminate when worn with socks. Without socks and it is hard to make it back home clothed.

4. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Côte d'Azur as well...it is very common there. This is quite an old thread, so rather than getting into it with any of the previous posters, I will second the suggestion of loafer socks. Make sure to get good ones though as the round only ones tend to show which just looks trashy.

5. Antome

Antome New Member

I agree about that as you are probably thinking about when loafers are way too dressy to be worn with shorts let alone sockless or when the socks are too high. That's what makes the elder unfinished look., but I was talking about t-shirts (modern), shorts, and casual loafers (leather brown or suede or other colors) not black loafers, varnished or with tassels or masks, but loafers for every occasion or boat shoes (if with laces) that can be dressy but also an everyday shoe. And definitely never wear dress socks but short ankle socks, just like those i would wear with converse or other closed shoes. Sockless migh look better with these shoes but if you like them you can go creative with shorts and ankle socks of many color, in my opinion, just avoid too bright colors and white, black is always a safe choice.
    An exapmple might be these shoes
    http://images.askmen.com/fashion/articlepics/tip7.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012