• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loafers not fitting, Prada Size?

Kurtanius21

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a now recurring frustration with Loafers. I have Purchased two loafers that are far too large for me.
I have very small feet, between a size 6 and 6.5. I have various shoes that fit me great at that... EXCEPT for Loafers like Prada and Tod’s.

Because my feet are very small, I usually go to EBay to find my shoes. Department stores are a joke at my shoe size.

Why is that my latest Prada shoes are so big? I placed a Salvatore loafer size 6.5 next to the Prada size 6 loafer, and the Prada is still larger, despite being half a size smaller. What am I missing? Why are loafers such a problem for me?

the Prada loafers give about 3/4 inch gap between the back of my foot and back end of the shoe. Pics attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 366
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 362

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prada sizing usually follows UK sizing AFAIK, which means that your Prada size 6 loafer is equivalent to a US size 7. Are your Ferragamo loafers sized US or UK?

the other thing that I'd point out is that the physical length of the shoe from heel to tip is not a good indicator of sizing because some shoes have more elongated toes that extend beyond the end of your own foot. A shoe with a rounder toe will tend to be shorter than a shoe of the same size with an extended toe.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a now recurring frustration with Loafers. I have Purchased two loafers that are far too large for me.
I have very small feet, between a size 6 and 6.5. I have various shoes that fit me great at that... EXCEPT for Loafers like Prada and Tod’s.

Because my feet are very small, I usually go to EBay to find my shoes. Department stores are a joke at my shoe size.

Why is that my latest Prada shoes are so big? I placed a Salvatore loafer size 6.5 next to the Prada size 6 loafer, and the Prada is still larger, despite being half a size smaller. What am I missing? Why are loafers such a problem for me?

the Prada loafers give about 3/4 inch gap between the back of my foot and back end of the shoe. Pics attached.

where do you live?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads