• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loafer suggestions.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about both suede and smooth leather (I have the smooth brown leather).by Alfred Sargent sold by Herring

View attachment 1228249

I think that apron is too squared for my taste.

Hey @Eli Curt who makes for Isaia?

I'm not sure. I've heard a few names tossed about, but nothing definitive. They have some very nice finishing work though.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are very handsome. A bit too stylized for me, I think. But nice.

I agree, but goodness me they definitely look like dressy Italian loafers. I prefer the Alfred Sargents in smooth leather. I use those with suits actually.

bantone

Reaction score
These are on sale from Isaia for $330.

Do they work for you? They're a bit *long* looking for my taste. I prefer a higher vamp. If you need help figuring out Isaia sizing, it's 1.5 sizes down for me (I wear a 9-9.5 Alden depending on last, and an 8 in Isaia).

View attachment 1228247

Yeah not really my style. These are not bad. Sid Mashburn

c2951.jpg

Just want them a *little* more sleek. I may try them on in person some time.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about doing a Carlos Santos makeup? They should be a bit more sleeker with a rounded toe

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cobbler Union also has a sleeker option with a rounded toe...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My effort to turn your head towards a smooth leather vs a suede leather loafer. @bantone
The photos are from Fugashin, but the idea is to demonstrate the versatility of a smooth leather with different outfit options. It can transition from dress to casual rather seamlessly.

Leather loafer1.PNG
Leather loafer2.PNG
Leather loafer3.PNG
Leather loafer4.PNG

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let us see if we can get some opinions from resident loafer owners on this subject. Calling some of you out since you always offer invaluable advice on loaves. Truthfully, I am a sucker for tassel loafers so any new conversation is fantastic!!
@dieworkwear
@dauster
@Gus
@Eli Curt
@amiga505

GG Antibes all the way! Going to order the above once GG comes to SF in October/November

I also love the Antibes in polo suede!!!!

2nd is GG bates deco last

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are definitely a pair of beauts @dauster. They remind me of pigskin leathers that Ann Bespoke did.

View attachment 1228967
Ann bespoke is simply awesome!!! Also really like these derbys even though technically not split toes: https://images.app.goo.gl/kooE95cwMbywv6M86

But looks like my best shot of getting Japanese bespoke shoes is leather soul in Hawaii. Apparently Koji Suzuki comes twice a year. I guess Honolulu is better than japan and my brother in-law lives there.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But looks like my best shot of getting Japanese bespoke shoes is leather soul in Hawaii. Apparently Koji Suzuki comes twice a year. I guess Honolulu is better than japan and my brother in-law lives there.

Very hard to find fault with almost anything, or any style of shoe Ann Bespoke makes.

Koji Suzuki is right there with any Japanese bespoke maker (any shoemaker in general really). Hopefully you do not have to break the bank to purchase them, especially considering you have to spend on traveling to Honolulu and for the shoes themselves.

What I truly enjoy about Suzuki's shoes is the wearability. They do not look pretentious. They exhibit an every man characteristic, unlike a few other Japanese makers. Heck, I love looking at Corthay shoes, but most of their shoes should be on a pedestal not worn. Suzuki makes shoes I would wear to the supermarket haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads