• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loafer Sizing Question

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After reading every thread on loafers being too wide in the heel and not getting conclusive results, I wanted to create a unique thread and hopefully get an answer.

I bought a pair of loafers from a member here and I really love them. The problem is that they're quite wide for me in the heel - read, if walking, my foot slides out of them. I don't want to relist them unless absolutely necessary. I know that I have the option of putting something in the heel, but how much can I realistically expect that to help? Additionally, someone mentioned something about getting the backs of the shoes tightened; can someone please shed some light onto this including process and cost?

Also - does anyone know of any narrow fitting loafers? I strike out CONSTANTLY on loaders and monks because I have a small heel.

Last edited:

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
FWIW, I find that Bass Weejuns (in the medium or D size) are a bit narow.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It took awhile for me to realize I have a narrow foot. I can only really do 11B loafers from Allen Edmonds with stretching the toes. I can sometimes do 10.5D in other brands, but one of my feet's pinky toes needs some room.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It took awhile for me to realize I have a narrow foot. I can only really do 11B loafers from Allen Edmonds with stretching the toes. I can sometimes do 10.5D in other brands, but one of my feet's pinky toes needs some room.

Fortunately, I know that I have a narrow foot, but after many emails back and forth between the seller and I, who was wonderful about the process, I decided to take the gamble. I can only wear a few lasts because of my heel and almost always have issues with loafers/monks because of it. My toe box is normal width but my heel is very small.

I'm a 12 or 13 C in almost every shoe and every last, but can somehow wear Santoni 12 D and not run into issues. Damn feet.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always go 1 full size up for my loafers. I have wide foot. Most loafers tend to have narrow toe .

houkah

Reaction score
Instead of making a new thread i thought i'd simply revive this one.

I have been through 4 pairs of allen edmonds loafers (2 westchesters and 2 mcgraws) attempting to find one that fits. I seem to have the same problem for all of them. They all pinch the outside of my little toe on my right foot, and slip on the heel of my left foot. Both of my feet are a slightly different size and width. I've found as the sole softens the slipping stops a bit, but can i expect the little toe pinching to ever go away? I'm wondering if i should just return these shoes and be done with trying to find loafers that fit from allen edmonds.

With my current pair the fold of the leather also presses into my toes. Should i return and try a different brand/company? (i've tried 2 sizes and 2 widths in each style of AE)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads