• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loafer and suit, is it fine or not?

Putra

Reaction score
hi all, I'm new to this forum. I want to ask is it alright if I'm wearing loafer to the office?. I like wearing loafer to the office due pray. I have to taking off my shoe if I want to pray so, I consider wearing loafer is the best way for me. But is it fine wearing loafer to the office even with suit?. thanks for all your answers I really appreciate it. oh yeah almost forget, I got a picture of prince william wearing loafer in suit.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
The short answer is "no". The longer answer is maybe. It is not technically proper, but you can get away with it in a more casual weekend or country suit like the one Mr. Grant is wearing in the photo. It is perfectly fine to wear with a sport coat and trousers, though. Also, with so many people who forgot the rules nowadays, one could probably get away with it without causing a second thought from observers.

ElDave

Reaction score
As said above, technically it's improper.

BUT...it's become very common. There are very few office environments where people will question a suit + loafer outfit.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hi all, I'm new to this forum. I want to ask is it alright if I'm wearing loafer to the office?. I like wearing loafer to the office due pray. I have to taking off my shoe if I want to pray so, I consider wearing loafer is the best way for me. But is it fine wearing loafer to the office even with suit?. thanks for all your answers I really appreciate it. oh yeah almost forget, I got a picture of prince william wearing loafer in suit.:D

[ATTACHMENT=2316]Prince-William-with-David-Beckham-and-Prince-Harry.jpg (195k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

If you want ease of removal for prayer (I assume you're muslim) you also have the option of wearing Chelsea boots. Technically more old world proper than even lace up shoes, though nowadays mostly confined to Australian offices/parliament. And no, no one will question you about wearing slip on shoes for ease of removal for prayer so long as it doesn't look too casual.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you want ease of removal for prayer (I assume you're muslim) you also have the option of wearing Chelsea boots. Technically more old world proper than even lace up shoes, though nowadays mostly confined to Australian offices/parliament. And no, no one will question you about wearing slip on shoes for ease of removal for prayer so long as it doesn't look too casual.

+1. I have a pair(I am not muslim) and wear them in rainy wear with a suit...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics