LL Bean.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bluemagic, Jan 27, 2010.

1. tahonng

tahonng Senior member

Not available until March, and are advertised as a S/S item. I still want them...

Me too. The sole looks like they re-jiggered it a little, too. Plus, I figure the cotton's actually gonna make it more 3-season friendly.

[​IMG] Of course, I could just be talking myself into it.

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Me too. The sole looks like they re-jiggered it a little, too. Plus, I figure the cotton's actually gonna make it more 3-season friendly.

[​IMG] Of course, I could just be talking myself into it.

dont worry you can wear it and step in shit have them catch on fire then still have the right to return it...

3. Django

Django Senior member

Saw this on one of their new shirt descriptions

Looks like mainline is going to feel some of the changes coming through the signature line.

4. wiru

wiru Senior member

I have a couple LLBean mainline shirts. They are not bad -- shoulders aren't too wide, body is a good classic proportion. On the other hand the sleeves are quite full and the shirt can't really be worn untucked.

5. the_state

the_state Senior member

i'm really tempted to cop those navy 1912 chinos. for $30 it's a safe gamble, even if they need to be tapered a bit....

6. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Their fit is very similar to Ralph Lauren custom fit sizing IMO.
    eh.. in my experience the trim fit is reasonably trim-ish but doesn't really drape as well as RL custom and the armholes and sleeves are very wide . Also, the shirt was shorter than RL custom.

7. evilgeniusdan

i'm really tempted to cop those navy 1912 chinos. for $30 it's a safe gamble, even if they need to be tapered a bit....
    Might pick a pair up to make shorts for the spring/summer..

8. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

I like the tweak to the soles and the details leading up to the pull tabs on the new duckboots but I'm not sold on the waxed cotton. I'll stick with the leather ones.

9. Korben

Korben Senior member

I'm liking the signature series' hunting boot re-interpretation:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonder if you can re-wax the cotton like you can oil cloth...

Typically don't need boots around my parts but this snow is crazy, May grab a pair of these. Kinda like the look.

10. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

In a bizarre coincidence, I just ordered a pair of the Bean boots in buffalo hide. The waxed canvas ones are nice, but I've seen various prices bandied about, with the most recent being over $200 according to GQ. I'm at a loss to see how they're $100 better than these.

11. evilgeniusdan

They're almost definitely $129.

12. shasta

shasta Senior member

In a bizarre coincidence, I just ordered a pair of the Bean boots in buffalo hide. The waxed canvas ones are nice, but I've seen various prices bandied about, with the most recent being over $200 according to GQ. I'm at a loss to see how they're $100 better than these.
    according to GQ, they are $129

13. djh

djh Senior member

Yeah, LL Bean trim fit is decent through the body but VERY full in the sleeves. It's also shorter in length - can be worn untucked.

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

LL Bean's target demographic is baby boomers whom don't put much effort into style, yet fancy themselves to be outdoors types. Does this describe you? Check out the demographics: 50+ years old $100,000+ income Yet buys $29 jeans from LL Bean http://www.quantcast.com/llbean.com#demographics Try this test. Go look at the women's clothing sold by Bean and ask yourself if you'd like your girl to dress like that? Start with the jeans section. Most of their collection consists of high-rise stonewashed mom jeans. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/22378...double-l-jeans But somehow the men's collection is a different breed?? [​IMG] I am embarrassed to see a growing LL Bean thread on the forum. While a few of their boots may be ok for certain outdoor activities, why are people seriously considering their shirts and trousers? When there are so many better alternatives available, this just seems downright lazy and cheap.

15. snake

snake Senior member

LL Bean's target demographic is baby boomers whom don't put much effort into style, yet fancy themselves to be outdoors types. Does this describe you? Check out the demographics:

50+ years old
    $100,000+ income
    Yet buys $29 jeans from LL Bean

http://www.quantcast.com/llbean.com#demographics

Probably female too, apparently [​IMG] [​IMG]