• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ll bean super 100s dress pants

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I stated in a previous post, I am looking for a few pairs of flat front dress pants for work. I am going to be in a business casual job for about 9 months and I think I'd draw looks if I wore a suit EVERY day. After this job ends, Ill be in a "suit every day" job for quite a while. As such, I'm going to stay away from Incotex, etc. unless I can find them on deep discount -- I don't want to spend a mint on pants that I won't get much use out of after this year is over. This it seems is a tough chore because I wear a 32 waist, and I rarely find flat front dress pants in my size at outlet prices. I happened to see these on LL Bean and thought it sounded like a decent fabric. I also like the range of colors (I'd probably just stick to the charcoal and navy, however). I've never tried on a pair, however, which is why I'm wondering if anyone has. They seem like they could be an economical purchase.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong with LL Bean if the price is right and what you're looking for is "workaday" tough slacks you can wear and not really worry about. I'd check out Brooks Brothers too (Brooks outlet).

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers is as excellent suggestion, but you don't have to go outlet. They're having a big sale right now...

BGW

Reaction score
Nine months is not a trivial amount of time.

justbrowsing

Reaction score
I haven't tried the LL Bean pants but please let us know how you like them if you get them. I have started looking for some fall/winter pants and the ones you pointed out look like good work pants at a good price. The Lands' End 70s Year'rounders are also available as flat front. They are a bit less expensive at $60.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a free shipping code for LL Bean, so I think I'll be ordering in the next couple of days. I'll let you all know. By the way, I almost bought some Calvin Klein Collection flat front wool pants at Off Fifth the other day for $80. Made in Italy and had a pretty good fit. But the pockets just kept gaping out. It made me look like I had women's hips.
smile.gif
What is up with that?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a $250 LL Bean gift card from Ebay for $160. So now I will definitely be ordering soon. (If the pants don't work out, I'm going to order a down comforter). Can't beat that deal on Ebay though.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice score on the gift card.

i have ordered some of the 'washable wool' trousers from llbean. (i'm a little anxious about how they're going to look/feel, but my current lifestyle doesn't allow much time for dry cleaning runs.)

also, RE land's end, they have their 'custom' trousers in various fabrics, might be worth a try. i've ordered some 'custom' chinos from them (again for washability).

/andrew

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
report: received the 'washable' wool trousers yesterday. they are thick and scratchy, with no lining in the legs. definitely not girly-man pants. but i like the look.

i kept one pair for winter wear, but i doubt they'll see very much use because we don't have a long cold season. they'll probably last forever.

/andrew - heading back to the drawing boards, for washable dress trousers.

JohnMS

Reaction score
I might recommend some of the Corbin pants from Sierra Trading Post. They're having an additional 20 percent off of their bargain bin items. Many of the Corbin pants are in that group.

justbrowsing

Reaction score
Johnny, how do you like the pants? I was thinking of giving these a try or maybe their flannel pants.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics