• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great necrobump, friend.

Although this line isn't taken very seriously at LL Bean these days, I still love the signature Chamois shirts. They're excellent, especially now that J. Crew flannels completely suck.

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
It doesn’t even have to be that high end

just not super budget like what it is today

Basically just go back to how it used to be but with slimmer sizing

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of dress trousers in a lightweight wool that I love from early Signature. Also two pair of wool flannel trousers. Great fit on all three and have held up well all these years.

I live a couple hours from the Flagship as well and used to enjoy Rogues Gallery. Cool little shop.

Alexidb

Reaction score
I have a pair of dress trousers in a lightweight wool that I love from early Signature. Also two pair of wool flannel trousers. Great fit on all three and have held up well all these years.

I live a couple hours from the Flagship as well and used to enjoy Rogues Gallery. Cool little shop.
Ha, hi Patrick! We umm “interacted” on Nick’s (welldresseddad) Instagram.

LaymanX

Reaction score
Their current quality isn't even that bad. If they brought the manufacturing in-house and used premium materials for their Signature line, I'd be all over that. I bought a few things from LL Bean Signature years ago and still use them.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LL Bean should merge Brooks Brothers. They can circle the drain together.

Alexidb

Reaction score
Anyone want a cord suit from the first year or two of Signature?

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
Not Signature but I just got the LlBean mountain classic anorak

https://m.llbean.com/llb/shop/115663?page=mountain-classic-anorak

pretty stoked on it for $59

i’m 6’/165 and can layer a size medium over a Shetland sweater no problem without it looking like a baggy mess

cut of anorak is really ideal

super versatile to— expect to wear it spring + fall over sweater and in summer with shorts

good job LLBean!

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
I really miss the first year or two of this line. The quality was pretty decent, even if the fits were still a bit rough. I can't even navigate to just the Signature line through the LL bean website anymore without doing a search.

Someone mentioned those wool trousers - I specifically recall a season where they released a heavyweight green and heavyweight orange pair. I picked up the green at the time (which I've since regretfully sold), but kinda wish I had grabbed the orange. They were definitely a lot (think gun safety or traffic cone orange), but damn they were awesome.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I occasionally get catalogs from Todd Snyder. His stuff looks nice, if not a bit overpriced (but I've never actually bought anything from him so maybe the quality is there too) but in the latest catalog, I saw a tiny little blurb about a new collection he's doing with LL Bean that's launching later this month:

1602705243725.png

Now I'll have to look around to see if I can find any images from the runway in February. Maybe this means there will be a renewed focus on the LL Bean Signature line?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads