• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

Asherlc

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed at its weight, from one of the reviews online I was expecting something more windbreaker-ish. This is a solid jacket (not a bad thing by any means, but I was hoping for something a little lighter for summer weather).

nonissue

Reaction score
Some of that stuff looks great, but the fit remains a nagging worry.

ataru

Reaction score
Can someone who has the canvas jacket describe the back of the jacket? I'm wondering if it has the umbrella vent detail that g9's have.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Django
http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot....e-fw-2010.html

-black leather and loden ranger mocs

That GIGANTIC shawl collar coat towards the end looks straight out of a vintage Sears Roebuck catalog.
eh.gif

I couldn't find these loden ranger moccs. Which pic?

These may be loden/dk gr blucher moccs, but I'd be down with highs. May just pick up the brown leather ones up currently.
80497725.jpg

Also dig the plaid on the coat. I'm sure it's just a traditional pattern, but it seems Bemidji-ish.

Asherlc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ataru
Can someone who has the canvas jacket describe the back of the jacket? I'm wondering if it has the umbrella vent detail that g9's have.

The back is smooth, no vent.

Django

Reaction score
Fall collection up. Striped lambswool cardigan is kind of cool looking, also digging the "deepest green" color they're using for the chamois shirt and canvas pants. Suede saddle shoe is a good look too. As for the accessories, those inverallan style watch caps are pretty awesome considering how difficult they were to find last fall, so are the ties but they're a little pricey for LL Bean imo.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
^^^If you're looking for the watch caps, you can buy them at J Press. I see them on sale from time to time.

New collection looks pretty boring, but that's kind of expected. Can anyone comment on how the new items fit though? Really like the duffle bag though... a great, cheaper alternative for a simple, clean duffle. LL Bean always makes durable bags.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zw-gator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
first thing that struck me was the skinny belt loops. they just look odd. If I had to guess on fit, based on LLB's history, these are gonna be too roomy.

Well I'm looking for something similar to the APC Rescue.

I'm just not sure about the quality...I might be better off buying a pair of 501 STF in raw/rigid for 1/2 the price.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody recommend LL Bean boots for the harsh, snowy, wet winters?

I'm looking for a pair of winter boots (<$100), and it seems LL Bean is the bees' knees.

the_state

Reaction score
I need the Sportsman's Trail Pant and Field Coat ASAP.

Harrington

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
Anybody recommend LL Bean boots for the harsh, snowy, wet winters?

I'm looking for a pair of winter boots (<$100), and it seems LL Bean is the bees' knees.

Absolutely - I've got a pair of bean boots that have lasted through pretty much everything the northeast can throw at them. Go for the shearling-lined versions, though. That rubber toe cap can get pretty cold otherwise.

Jazzman19

Reaction score
Sorry guys. I don't post here much, but in spite of that I had planned on doing a pretty detailed write up- with photos- of the signature line because I live 20 minutes from the main store in Freeport.

I don't know what prompted the company to make the decision but they don't even carry the line in the main store. I guess the only place you can walk in a store and find the signature line is in Virginia. This all seems pretty asinine to me given the relative "attraction" the main store has as a tourist stop for young and old. Maybe there is just a lot more that goes into keeping a line in store vs. just in a shipping destination. The new line must not ship out of Maine. In light of all the above I am a little angrier about the obviously looser "tailored" fit styling. It is already a specialized line so why branch out more?

Items:

What is everyone's opinion of these: http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505905

I kind of dig them as an alternative to my desert boots this fall. Seems like you can dress them up a bit or down with relative ease- not to mention there is a slight hint of "wtf are those" they are a bit fugly, which seems to draw me to shoes.

http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505934

That is a pretty dope option to keep warm. I like the where the colored line placements are. A little steep on the price point, especially given if the line doesn't survive you aren't guaranteed a replacement if something goes array.

http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505930

Fresh as hell. I'd wear the **** out of that in the fall and early winter up here. I think I just justified a buy. However, I do need a lighter jacket I can wear to grad school interviews around the country in the spring so my money might better be sent elsewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads