• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri
I have read nothing of this thread but LL.BEAN? seriously? People get fun of for wearing marc jacobs but ll bean? facepalm.jpg
Agreed. It's ridiculous there's nothing in this LL Bean thread but stuff about LL Bean. icantbelieveitsnotbutterface.jpg

Alec_Jan

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of the "Slightly fitted, falls at hip" shirts by LLB Sig (the description of all the shirts from madras to hunter plaid to chambray...)? I like the look of a few of these. If anyone could compare the waist relative to J.Crew's cut, or a flat measurement at the waist on a Medium would be awesome (or fitpic!)

Thanks in advance

A

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alec_Jan
Can anyone comment on the fit of the "Slightly fitted, falls at hip" shirts by LLB Sig (the description of all the shirts from madras to hunter plaid to chambray...)? I like the look of a few of these. If anyone could compare the waist relative to J.Crew's cut, or a flat measurement at the waist on a Medium would be awesome (or fitpic!)

Thanks in advance

A

I checked out their Gingham Poplin Dress Shirt. The thing's like a tent on me; I wouldn't describe it as fitted at all. It's otherwise nice, though. I kept it and took it to the tailor to have the sides taken in.

Alec_Jan

Reaction score
thanks -- saw those measurements, and everything looked right so I went ahead and I'll take in the sides I guess.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
Is anyone close to a LLbean store?
And willing to proxxy a pair of the selvage cone mills denims?

Anyone check this out yet? Anyone? Anyone?

Django

Reaction score
http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot....e-fw-2010.html

Fall Winter preview. Goes on sale August 2nd.

Stuff I really dig
-The jungle boot looking Bean boots
-black leather and loden ranger mocs
-cargo pants
-all the blaze orange stuff
-mackinaw coats

That GIGANTIC shawl collar coat towards the end looks straight out of a vintage Sears Roebuck catalog.

Rompson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
Is anyone close to a LLbean store?
And willing to proxxy a pair of the selvage cone mills denims?

Tried these on today. Really nice for the price. Wasn't crazy about the fit, though, so i didn't buy. It was a very full, straight fit. I felt like i needed some serious boots to fill the leg openings.

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Django
http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot....e-fw-2010.html

Fall Winter preview. Goes on sale August 2nd.

Stuff I really dig
-The jungle boot looking Bean boots
-black leather and loden ranger mocs
-cargo pants
-all the blaze orange stuff
-mackinaw coats

That GIGANTIC shawl collar coat towards the end looks straight out of a vintage Sears Roebuck catalog.

That suit at the beginning is

Some of the stuff looks cool though, def. agree on the boots and the mackinaw coats.

Django

Reaction score
That suit is a real wasted opportunity. I would have killed for something like the Our Legacy one from Spring/summer with all the great detailing. Might be able to put something together like it from EG this season though...

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
I just ordered the madras blazer. For 43 bucks what the hell

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.