LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TheDroog, Aug 20, 2009.

1. otc

otc Senior member

pics of ranger mocs! poast em!

2. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Senior member

So whats the general consensus on this line?

Good quality for the money or no? I'm interested in their red gingham and blue striped oxford shirts and at $110 for both they can't be beat price-wise.

As long as it's at a JCrew-ish quality level then I'll have no complaints.

3. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

As long as it's at a JCrew-ish quality level then I'll have no complaints.
    Apart from fit (which is an individualized issue), I would say the shirts are very much on par with J. Crew in terms of quality.

4. Motorsport226

Apart from fit (which is an individualized issue), I would say the shirts are very much on par with J. Crew in terms of quality.

Thats what I needed to hear, thanks.

Fit shouldn't be too big of a problem, most RTW in a size large seem to fit me very well, most of my shirts are un-altered. Even if they don't fit well, $10 at a tailor can change that.

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Bean has a great return policy. I'd pick up a large and a medium and just send back whichever doesn't fit.

6. Motorsport226

Bean has a great return policy. I'd pick up a large and a medium and just send back whichever doesn't fit.

Just thinking that! [​IMG]

I read a few pages back and saw the large chest measurement was 24"!

7. Biggie_Robs

Biggie_Robs Senior member

Better than J. Crew IMO.

8. Motorsport226

Has anyone bought any polos from this collection? I mean shit, for $30 they're probably not the best around, but the colors seem very nice and they are free of any branding.

The red Casco Bay polo looks nice with the chambray placket and the drake blue color that the saltwash polo comes in is nice as well.

9. garmis

garmis Senior member

^^no info on the polos, sorry.

I am looking to kop some used ranger mocs, in blue or tan suede, size 11-11.5 US. Depending on condition I'll pay $50.

10. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Looking to get a pair of the leather mocs. What do you guys think will be more versatile as casual wear, the bluchers or rangers?

11. Motorsport226

Well, I gave the polos a shot and I'm actually quite impressed with them. The fit is spot on for me, the length isn't too short but doesn't have a huge drop tail. The fabric is very good as well.

IMO, for $30 they can't be beat.

FTR I bought the Casco Bay polo in red fade and the Saltwash polo in drake blue.

If they expanded their range of colors/patterns, I would probably never buy another Lacoste polo.

12. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Well, I gave the polos a shot and I'm actually quite impressed with them. The fit is spot on for me, the length isn't too short but doesn't have a huge drop tail. The fabric is very good as well.

IMO, for $30 they can't be beat.

FTR I bought the Casco Bay polo in red fade and the Saltwash polo in drake blue.

If they expanded their range of colors/patterns, I would probably never buy another Lacoste polo.

What is the fit like in the body. I had a Casco Bay polo back in the day (15 - 20 years ago) that I eventually stopped wearing because it was too big in the body and the placket kept flopping open. It was almost like the extra chambray material around the neck was too heavy and caused the whole collar and placket to sit funny. Has anyone noticed this sort of thing on the new ones?

13. Motorsport226

What is the fit like in the body. I had a Casco Bay polo back in the day (15 - 20 years ago) that I eventually stopped wearing because it was too big in the body and the placket kept flopping open. It was almost like the extra chambray material around the neck was too heavy and caused the whole collar and placket to sit funny. Has anyone noticed this sort of thing on the new ones?

For me, the fit in the body is good. They fit better than the classic fit Lacoste IMO but not super slim by any means.

However, I have an athletic build (I'm 6'1", 195lbs) so for most of those on SF who resemble a stick figure, the same fit might not work as well.

As for the placket, I think it sits fine. I only button the bottom one so more of the chambray shows. I think it contrasts well with the red fade color and the navy blue collar.

14. menofcharisma

menofcharisma Member

Great--I was looking at those polo's the other day just wondering how they'd fit.

Besides the Casco Bay in Smoky Teal, I'm really digging the Saltwash Pullover in Rosewood. Something about that color pairing...

15. Motorsport226

Great--I was looking at those polo's the other day just wondering how they'd fit.

Besides the Casco Bay in Smoky Teal, I'm really digging the Saltwash Pullover in Rosewood. Something about that color pairing...

Yea I like that rosewood pullover too, great colors.

I wanted to get the teal Casco Bay, but I needed something red.