LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TheDroog, Aug 20, 2009.

1. anonymouz

anonymouz Senior member

Quick review on the blucher moc..
    I got the blue suede ones. They're comfortable right out of the box. They are definitely narrow, at least compared to the mainline blucher moc. But, I went with the same size that I wear in the mainline mocs. They do stretch. They're also fully lined and have different insoles and soles compared to the mainline mocs. Since they're lined, my feet turned a bit blue after I wore them sockless. But hopefully they'll be okay after a couple of wears.

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Don't expect anything great from the fit. They are "fitted" but not slim. Some tailoring will clearly be required. For reference, I am 5'10" and 125lbs. This is a size small.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. evilbananas

evilbananas Senior member

^It looks way too big. I would just send it back.

4. StanleyVanBuren

I ended up getting it as a gift so I am just going to see what the tailor can do with it. I don't think it's that bad.

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

shirt looks good imo, but could probably be shortened. Personally, id just wear it the way it is now...

6. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

For those who have the Ranger Mocs/Blucher mocs, are they true to dress shoe size or sneaker size (my sneaker size is .5 bigger than dress shoe)?

7. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

For those who have the Ranger Mocs/Blucher mocs, are they true to dress shoe size or sneaker size (my sneaker size is .5 bigger than dress shoe)?

That's too ambiguous a reference for me to go by, but I wear 11.5 in des boots, 12 in JP's, and I went with a 11.5 in the blucher mocs in leather. The length was perfect, took a few days for them to widen, but widen they did.

8. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

the heck you need that shirt to fit like? it fits perfectly fine.

9. wannabeagiant

Can you post the actual shoulder and chest measurement?
    Don't expect anything great from the fit. They are "fitted" but not slim. Some tailoring will clearly be required. For reference, I am 5'10" and 125lbs. This is a size small.

10. StanleyVanBuren

Can you post the actual shoulder and chest measurement?

Yeah I think this was posted before but mine comes out (post-wash) to 18" and 22"

They really ought to offer an XS.

11. wannabeagiant

That's too ambiguous a reference for me to go by, but I wear 11.5 in des boots, 12 in JP's, and I went with a 11.5 in the blucher mocs in leather. The length was perfect, took a few days for them to widen, but widen they did.
    Yeah I think this was posted before but mine comes out (post-wash) to 18" and 22" They really ought to offer an XS.
    Thanks for the sizing help. I'm 6', 170 and those are the measurements I like on my shirts (usually mediums). I'm surprised the shirt sizing is so big. I thought this line was supposed to be targeted to a younger, more fashion oriented demographic.

12. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

Thanks for the fit pics as well as referencing your h/w because saying something is fitted or not fitted without stating your h/w still makes it somewhat difficult for others to judge fit. I'm 40 lbs more at similar height, yet still get most "slim fit" smalls tailored. But your post is giving me a bit more hope for some of their items.

13. ndj649

ndj649 Member

As an FYI, I bought the blucher mocs and there is quite the hefty insole (in the inside arch). It's bothering my awful low-arched feet like crazy. Anybody know if the standard mocs have the same thing?

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

As an FYI, I bought the blucher mocs and there is quite the hefty insole (in the inside arch). It's bothering my awful low-arched feet like crazy. Anybody know if the standard mocs have the same thing?

standard bean bluchers also comes with a (removable) soft insole.

15. cgardel

cgardel Senior member

Don't expect anything great from the fit. They are "fitted" but not slim. Some tailoring will clearly be required. For reference, I am 5'10" and 125lbs.

Looks pretty good to me for RTW, especially considering your height and weight. Maybe you need to get something to eat. [​IMG]