• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Living in Salzburg, Austria!

Piroshky

Reaction score
What should I be doing/eating/drinking/buying? I'm studying there for a year, with a month off in February.

I'll be living right by the university of salzburg, right off the Josefiau park.

edit: 36 views, no replies, guess nobody's really got much to say aha

robdpittman

Reaction score
I don't know the town well, as I've only visited a couple of times. However, the Opera is world class, and next to the opera house on the left there's a little restaurant that serves some of the best pizza I've ever had.

Also, hike up the mountain behind the old town. Play chess outdoors in the Domplatz. Get a bike. Check out the Toy Museum.

Also, try Aventinus beer. Lots of it.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No real advice for living there but I did visit once for a few days about 10 years ago and loved it. It was one of my favorite places I've been in Europe, although it did seem to be a bit expensive on my meager income (of course, I had just spent a lot of time in northern Italy, Slovenia, and Croatia so anything in Austria was going to be expensive in comparison). There also seemed to be a lot of great live music happening at each of the little bars (and with street performers) with everything from jazz and blues to classical to traditional Eastern European music.

I don't recall the names of any other bars that we went to but I remember that there was always a relatively young crowd of Americans, Canadians and Brits and the foreigners there seemed a lot more refined than typical tourists in southern Italy or France or Spain.

I do remember going to one of the breweries and enjoying it quite a bit. I think it was Stiegl which is supposedly one of the larger Austrian brands. If you like wheat beers, that's what that area of Austria is known for. You're also not far from Munich so I would definitely be hitting that up for Oktoberfest if you get the chance.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The churches are very nice.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.