• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Live in Northern Va, where should i go for beach week

untilted

Reaction score
graduating from college this May, trying to go to beach for 3-4 days to relax with gf. we have four options: 1: Ocean city MD, 2: Virginia Beach (gf doesnt like), 3. Outer banks, 4. Myrtle Beach SC.

we'll probably go for option 1, 3 or 4. Never been to either of the 3. Any recommendation?

not really in the mood to barhop/club, we just want to relax and spend some private, intimate time together.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then whichever is lowest-cost/closest.

tdangio

Reaction score
At Myrtle Beach you can definitely spend some quality time with the GF...and every other NC/SC college student who just finished the school year. Have fun at that shitshow.

I personally like Holden Beach in NC a lot and it's only about 60 miles from Myrtle if you wanted to check that out for a day. Bald Head Island could maybe be an option, you have to take a ferry and there are no cars, all golf carts.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by untilted
graduating from college this May, trying to go to beach for 3-4 days to relax with gf. we have four options: 1: Ocean city MD, 2: Virginia Beach (gf doesnt like), 3. Outer banks, 4. Myrtle Beach SC.

we'll probably go for option 1, 3 or 4. Never been to either of the 3. Any recommendation?

not really in the mood to barhop/club, we just want to relax and spend some private, intimate time together.

Go to Rehobeth. It's quiet, clean and relaxing.

No wait, screw that. You go to Dewey Beach!!! Try to have a 3some, you're graduating college for god sakes man.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Outerbanks is the best bet for a quiet trip.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Go to Rehobeth. It's quiet, clean and relaxing. No wait, screw that. You go to Dewey Beach!!! Try to have a 3some, you're graduating college for god sakes man.
Ah just reread the OP. You're looking for a private time. Head to the outerbanks, but stay away from Nags Head. Either go a little farther north or south to avoid the crowds. Good luck.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5. Charleston/Folly Beach. Folly is a cheap little surf-oriented barrier island just south of Charleston, which is beautiful and has great food and good shopping. It's a hike from NOVA, but if you have a solid 4 days could be worth it.

Or the outer banks, if you don't really plan to leave the house/beach.

I would avoid OC, MD. Not a fan at all.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782

I would avoid OC, MD. Not a fan at all.

Clearly you have never been to Seacrets.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

scugger

Reaction score
Haha, I did high school beach week in Bethany Beach with some time spent in Ocean City and Dewey. Bethany seemed pretty crowded because the beach is damn narrow and there are a lot of families. OC is a lot bigger but way trashy!!! Haha, jodum, I've been to Seacrets. I would avoid Maryland or Delaware beaches (although I could just be biased now that I live in Cali).

I would say Outer banks for quiet, myrtle for something rowdier.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Am I the only one who remembers the couple that got murdered trying to engage in swing action out of seacrets?

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Or Dr. Unks Bar and Grille. Although, I might be biased on that one since they did put my photo on their wall and gave me free stuff.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
How the hell do college kids go to ft myers and **** for spring break? I'm trying to plan a trip for my summer break and everything is all "must be 25 to rent" and ****. WTF

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
How the hell do college kids go to ft myers and **** for spring break? I'm trying to plan a trip for my summer break and everything is all "must be 25 to rent" and ****. WTF

I live in Ft. Myers. It's overrated.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
OC is totally meh. Went there for senior week, was ok in the sense that alcohol + drugs + girls fun anywhere, but kind of a total shithole.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
I live in Ft. Myers. It's overrated.

Don't care, want a beach, any beach. Not set on Ft. Myers. Want to get my girlfriend in a bikini and have lots of sex while the weather is too hot and the sun is out.

Tips on how to secure a rental at age 22 pl0x.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads