• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Live demos at RL Mansion

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see this today? They had someone hand-making shoes on the first floor, probably from Edward Green. Plus they now have the widest variety of EG/PL shoes I've seen, close to 15 styles in total; including a really unique style, the "ghille" model. Suposedly, it is a traditional Scottish shoe that is open at the laces, showing sock.

I think the shoe maker is going to be there tomorrow as well. I also know they're doing the same sort of thing for suit making as well in the near future.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the deal with the "Made to Order" program was that you choose the leather, width, length, model, and they make the shoe. I don't know about prices though.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, the demo you saw was the skin-stitching of the toe on the Dover etc. models, not the actual making of a shoe. But fascinating nonetheless.. Last I was in NY they had maybe 3-4 models. Would love to see all the new ones..

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You had me puzzled with the headline: "Live demos at RL mansion".

I was thinking of protest demonstrations, and was wondering what that was all about. Visions of protesters, regulars from this and the Andy forum, holding up placards like "We demand hand-made buttonholes" or "More American Trad" came to mind.

Oh well, it was only the Edward Green road show.

tgfny

Reaction score
Ghillie shoes are traditional in Scotland. Worn with kilt and kirk. I believe Grensons makes them. Typical of PRL to knock those off for every day use.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what a brilliant idea. rl is a true operator.
Oh, see Chuck, I told you so. We come up with a good plan to show everyone in person how it's done ... and all of a sudden all the little guys have to jump on board like it was their idea.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads