• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Live demos at RL Mansion

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see this today? They had someone hand-making shoes on the first floor, probably from Edward Green. Plus they now have the widest variety of EG/PL shoes I've seen, close to 15 styles in total; including a really unique style, the "ghille" model. Suposedly, it is a traditional Scottish shoe that is open at the laces, showing sock.

I think the shoe maker is going to be there tomorrow as well. I also know they're doing the same sort of thing for suit making as well in the near future.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the deal with the "Made to Order" program was that you choose the leather, width, length, model, and they make the shoe. I don't know about prices though.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, the demo you saw was the skin-stitching of the toe on the Dover etc. models, not the actual making of a shoe. But fascinating nonetheless.. Last I was in NY they had maybe 3-4 models. Would love to see all the new ones..

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You had me puzzled with the headline: "Live demos at RL mansion".

I was thinking of protest demonstrations, and was wondering what that was all about. Visions of protesters, regulars from this and the Andy forum, holding up placards like "We demand hand-made buttonholes" or "More American Trad" came to mind.

Oh well, it was only the Edward Green road show.

tgfny

Reaction score
Ghillie shoes are traditional in Scotland. Worn with kilt and kirk. I believe Grensons makes them. Typical of PRL to knock those off for every day use.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what a brilliant idea. rl is a true operator.
Oh, see Chuck, I told you so. We come up with a good plan to show everyone in person how it's done ... and all of a sudden all the little guys have to jump on board like it was their idea.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.