Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Little rant on A&F's new sizing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Neo1, May 2, 2016.

1. Neo1

Neo1 Distinguished Member

I'm sure plenty of people here hate A&F, rightfully so. For really casual & weekend wear, in warmer weather I'm a big fan of decent polos. I'm a pretty small guy, so I'm always on the lookout for something that is small & tapered enough that it doesn't fit me like a beach towel. Yeah, you can find plenty of stuff in high-end designer brands but for something on the cheaper side I had stuck with either Polo RL (when it worked, which wasn't often), or BB (in XS slim fit, when it worked). I stumbled upon A&Fs polos, forget when. In a normal S, no bullshit XS, no slim fit, etc. just plain vanilla small, they fit great. They were readily available and could readily be had for very little cost. I was pretty happy at least one place still existed without stupid vanity sizing applied.

Today I swung by to pick up a couple polos, and noticed they now carried XS for guys - I thought, oh no....what have they done? Tried on a size S polo - totally swimming on me. Damnit! They went the vanity sizing route too? So now, they carry a small selection of XS, most of it is online only. Why this change? What's the point of introducing XS and making it online only - yeah I get it that this accommodates bigger guys, but it totally screws the other end of the spectrum like me. Oh well, at least I won't have to deal with the loud music and horrible perfume anymore.